cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a little problem when trying to deploy a web application. The J2EE Engine is installed both local and on a BW server. The deployment to the local engine works fine, but the deployment to the engine on the server fails.

In the J2EE Engine view, everything's green and running. After entering the sdm password, the following error occurs:

<i>08.03.2006 17:52:03 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[003]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : percival

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOKUME1/kunter/LOKALE1/Temp/temp25342ZEnterprise.ear

Deployment exception : Server percival did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server percival at port 50018: percival

Inner exception was :

Server percival did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server percival at port 50018: percival</i>

But when I look at the connection log of the network firewall, I can see that there is <b>not even a try</b> to connect to the server on port 50018...

Does anybody know the reason of this? Any help would be great.

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Do you use VPN (Virtual Privat Network)?

Did you recently upgraded to SP14 or newer?

If you use VPN there is a problem with the SDM client in release 04 SP14 to SP16 and 04S all releases.

Let me know I'll send you a patch right away.

Reagrds, Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your response. I'm trying to connect to the server within the local network, not via a VPN connection. I think the patch level is 15.

I can't figure out how it's possible that the developer studio doesn't even try to connect to the server...

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Do you see the WebAS in the J2EE view (NWDS)?

Try to log-in with RemoteGUI annd let me know whether you have the same prolem.

You may need to copy the SDM folder.

Also let me know what JDK do you use for NDWS runtime.

If you use J2SE 5.0 you may run into this issue!

Switch to 1.4.2_09 and let me know.

Regards, Angel