Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration & Mail Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured the alert configuration using the blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

but still I am not getting any error message in the Alert Inbox, eventhough i receive an error message in SXMB_MONI as

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="RFC_ADAPTER">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">CCAP_ECN_CREATE.Exception</SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>*

Now my query is why was this message not shown as alert in alert inbox in RWB.

Also incase if I get an error message in SXMB_MONI or any alert in alert inbox, how could i send this as an email for any error that occured. along with a file name may be for trackinh purpose.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For using the Alert Inbox, the corresponding service has to be activated in the service maintenance transaction SICF. Choose Default_host > sap> bc> bsp> sap--> alert inbox, and Activate in the context menu.

Also if you want to send the alerts through mail then you must configure in SAPconnect, because the alerts are then sent from the central alert system via SAPconnect.

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Jan 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

I have already activated the alertinbox service. BUt still i am not getting any alert in Alertinbox.

Further, could you please explain how to configure the mail alert in SAPConnect.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check this thread:

You can test the alert by executing the report : RSALERTTEST.

For sending mail through SAPconnect

Use following T-codes

1. SCOT.

-for maintiang the routing server details and to mention domain name.

2. SU01

--- maintian the email ID for the user who will recieve the mails.( Users should be in the Alert fixed receipent list).

Hope this will do for you.

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all these settings but still its not working, any other inputs plz.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change the users in fixed receipents and test the alerts.

Some times this type of problem can come if the same user is used in both- for creating the alert configuration and that maintained in fixed receipents are same.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

refre these threads for the Error CCAP_ECN_CREATE.Exception

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RWB, in Alert configuration, what are the settings of your new rule? Did you use any restrictions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just made the rule to be active(enabled) and supress multiple alerts of the rule enabled.

I have provided no restrictions for where did the error occur and also in the connected to message option i have set to not relevant.

Other than this i dont have anyother settings.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam