cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workfow - Standard Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In an MDM Workflow Approval process(Using Approve Stencil), i would like to know which records are disapproved, how is it possible?

Is there any Standard Field which holds the Disapprove Boolean Value ? system variables like: sy-msgno in SAP etc...

Agreed that the Records are sent back to the previous step - the one which failed. But is there any other way of knowing it.

Regards,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevarao ,

Apart form the workarounds mentione din the above post. I would like to add that when ever you disapprove or Approve records in MDM you need to mark them as Approved or Diapproved in MDM using the context Menu option on the record.

This adds a logical field dynamicallya along with the other fields in line .and the values of this field is actually a Tick or Cross mark to identify the status of the approval.

MDM system logically identifies the approved and disapproved records using this field value.

If you have a single record to approve then in your workflow task.when you disapprove that record it is automatically pushed to the immediate previous step.You do not have option to chosse which previous step you want to move the record too.

If you have a group of records to approve then you have the option of Splitting the job and this will divide the records into two sets based on the Logiacl field mark( tick/cross)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Thanks for your reply.

According to the approve step, you can approve the item or disapprove. Once you have approved, forward to next step option available to foward further to stop & Check in.

However, when an approver dis-approves the the item, according to the defintion, you get an option to go to the previous step. At this stage, how do I capture the disapprove and populate the 'Item Status' field to 'Dis approved"?

Also when an approver disapproves, how the sysem decides, which previous step it should go? Can we have a control which previous step it shoud go?

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can handle the disapproved records by sending notification via Email.

Once the respective person gets the mail, the disapproved records can then be manipulated to a state after which they can be approved and processed further.

Please to the link

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Also when an approver disapproves, how the sysem decides, which previous step it should go?

It goes automatically to previous Process Step.

how do I capture the disapprove and populate the 'Item Status' field to 'Dis approved"?

U can have Assign step after Process step in workflow.

In this assign step u can update 'Item Status' field with "Approved" value.

by default field will have "disapproved" value when new record is created.

When record will reach Approve step........ if Approver approves it, record will go to Assign step & value of ur field will be changed to "Approved"....... if Approver reject it, record will go to previous Process step & ur field will hv same old value "Disapproved"

Will it help u?

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a field in Data model like Approved status for doing this. Workflow will look like:

Start--> Validate >Process>Branch>approve->Process-->stop

-> Disapprove->stop

Use Process step to mark the records as Approved or unapproved by changing the approved status field. Branch step will have validation checking for the Approved status field value.

This will serve the requirement.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard field which says records are approved or disapproved.But yes you can always create one which is of type boolean depending on your requirement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

If i create a field of Boolean type what is the use? how would i be able to logically populate the Value?

Regards,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use assignments based on approval steps result to assign values to this field.

Like a branch step after approve step having an assignment followed.

Or you can also put a flag on this field manually to figure out whether the records r approved or disapproved and consequently can be mailpulated later on in the respective transactional systems.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz