cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto project creation and coding mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

i dont understand how system determines name of project definition during automatic project creation based on sales order.

if the standard project definition does not have a coding mask then the project created is simply the sales order number. (no problem with that)

however if the standard project definition has a coding mask, then in my case the newly created project just contains a certain number of 000000 and includes the last part of the standard project.

hope someone could enlighten me on this..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/41/191fb445fd11d188ff0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

in this link all the diff. scenario given realted to how sys will determine the project defination during assembly processing.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin,

thanks..

it seems however that my system behavior is different.. it says that the project number will be based on sales document number STARTING FROM THE RIGHT. however, based on my initial tests, the project being created is based on the sales doc number starting from the LEFT thus resulting to a project with many 00000's at the start and the rightmost digits are not picked up..

hope you could give some help/input on this.

thanks again in advance.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh, I have not replicated scenario.. No clue why sys is behaving as you have mentioned.

I request others to add on...

Regards

Nitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check out ur coding mask as well as number range u define for the sales document. The numerical fields in the coding maske shuld be enough to accomodate sales order number.

Eg : If coding mask is M-00000000 then ur sales order numberrange shuld be of 8 digits.

Here u can maintain better reference between the project and sales order.

Rfer the link posted above it is quite enough to understand assy processing.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario is very well explained in PS under title "Assembly processing".

An assemble to order environment is one in which the product or service is assembled on receipt of the sales order. Key components are planned in anticipation of the sales order. Receipt of the order initiates assembly of the customized product. This business process is called assembly processing. It creates a link between sales document and project. It is an indirect method of generating a network or a WBS from a sales order. It is used throughout SAP R/3 logistics applications to automatically generate the order types like Planned order, Production order, Process order, Service order, Network (project).

You will find the "SD/PS assignment" indicator in the control data for the project definition of the standard project. This indicator determines whether, during assembly processing, a hierarchy is created in the operative WBS for each sales document item, or whether a hierarchy is created for the entire

sales document in the operative WBS.

If we use SD/PS assignment indicator, do not flag "Only one Root" option in the project profile ( t code OPSA).

Regards

Tushar