cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying which device id was synchornized in the middleware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I needed to know how do we identify which device was synchronized in the middleware. In 7,1 when we use the client to sync the data the device id is not mentioned so how do we know in the middle ware which is the clients device. Also one particular user could have multiple devices.

could someone please clarify this doubt?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the device attribs to avoid this problem.

On the DOE say u can mention that the device should be picked up on

the basis of device name.

You can make the device name as a mandatory attribute for registration.

You can use :SDOE_DEV_REGISTER transaction

To check what device was picked up in case u dont have mandatory parameters you would need

to get the device ID from the portal and then check in the config file (MI/settings ) if the ID is present.

In case it is present then this the correct device that got registered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shobhit

Edited by: Shobhit Garg on Jan 13, 2009 12:26 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SriKumar,

I assume that your are developing a laptop application . In order to identify the device that was synchronized with the middle ware , go to location where your client is installed ( usually C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client) and in the settings folder you will find "MobileEngine . config" file. Open this file to find the device id of the device that has synchronized with the middleware.

Use this device id in the Mobile Adminidtration to find the name of the device.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys. my business scenario currently does not permit a user to have more than one device. So its all well. thanks for your repsonses.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the mobile applications for laptops you can find the deviceID in the MobileApps folder in the location where your client is installed.when you check the deviceID in the device adminstration you will find the name of the device.

I am sure there will be a similar file in the PDA runtime folder that will tell you the deviceID.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikumar,

U can check that in CCMS in middleware.The tcode for CCMS is "rz20".One user can have multiple devices.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikumar,

In 7.1 we create a device for a particular user and then syncronize with a new client. By logic if there is no device created for a user, you cannot sync with the user in any client. Also, when there are more than one devices generated for the user in the DOE, you can check the particular device in the DOE administration application and come to know which device has synced.

Regards,

Veera