cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Link & DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario like I have to do scanner integration with SAP DMS. i would like to save scanned & pdf printed document directly in system via archivel link. Also I would like to link this archived document with certain objects like plant material. Could you please help me by explaning me how to do config this.

Regards,

Pramod

Points will be awarded for helpful answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First off, ArchiveLink is not DMS, it has nothing to do with DMS and it is not a part of DMS. Its a separate module in SAP which does not require DMS (like KM).

DMS used for storing documents that change like a procedure or drawing. ArchiveLink used for storing scanned documents like an invoice that relate to a transaction. Do not get confused between the two, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other and the way in which you store and retrieve documents is completely different.

1. Setup ArchiveLink repository in OAC0

2. Create document type in OAC2

3. Configure Document Type in OAD5 (allows you to specify early or late archiving and which object you want to link to)

4. Store document with OAWD or using the Generic Object Services icon and the "Store business document" option

5. Retrieve documents in the same place

If you want direct scanner integration into SAP (i.e. without manually storing the files) you will need an ArchiveLink certified solution like OpenText, Kofax Ascent Capture etc or you will have to write it with ABAP yourself which will not be a short or easy process.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Jan 13, 2009 9:45 PM

Answers (0)