cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident management Work Center relationship with CRM Org model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. We have configured and started using the Incident Management work center successfully. When we access the work center we have 3 columns visible: "For processing by me", "Processing by my team" and "Reported by me".

My question is regarding the info displayed in the "Processing by my team" column. I have deducted that the system includes all service requests that is linked to the Support Team business partner under which I am linked in the CRM Organisational model. For instance if I am linked in the model to Business Partner BP01 all Service Requests linked to support team BP01 will be displayed in this column. It seems however that the system does not include the service requests of sub-organisational units linked to the one I am linked to. Let's take below model as an example:

BP01 Info systems

BP02 Cross Applications

BP03 Authorsations

I expected all service requests linked to business partners BP03 and BP02 to be visible to me in the "Processing by my team" column where my business partner is linked to BP01. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. I therefore make the assumption that a roll-up of information according to the org model is not standard functionality for the Incident Management work center in the "Processing by my team" column.

Am I correct in my assumption or can anyone maybe assist me in pointing out a possible configuration error on my side?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

I made the following test :

I assigned my user to 2 different organisation teams (team 1 and team 2) via transaction PPOMA_CRM

Both teams belong to the same support organisation (my support teams)

I created 2 messages. One with the support team "team 1" and one with the support team "team 2"

I see both messages in the incident management workcenter under the columns "processing by my team"

If I change the support team of one message to a support team "team 3" to which I do not belong this message disappears from the "processing by my team" columns. This is normal

If I change the support team to the "my support teams" (up one level in hierarchy) I don't see the message either. I find this normal too

If I change the support team to the "sub team 1" (donw level in hierarchy) I don' see the message in the column "processing by my team" (_that was your question_) but if I assign me to "sub team 1" I can see this message (this is normal)

Conclusion : for the column "processing by my team" only messages with support teams to whom I belong directly are captured by the selection and I don't think there a parameter to change this behavior.

Note 1 : don't forget to logon and logoff when you change the team assignment or the support organisation.

Note 2 : the change management workcenter of SOLMAN is working differently. The check is dynamically done with all partners defined in the correction instead of a "single" check of the support team like in the incident management workcenter.

I hope my test have confirmed your assumption

best regards Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier, thanks for the effort. You have confirmed exactly what I have found. I also agree with your statements regarding the change management work center.

It is almost as if the intention of work centers were not to cater for a "management view" but more for the work lists of the individual.

Regards