cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP as datasource for SAP EP7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have one quesry regarding the LDAP configuration with SAP EP 7.0.

I have 2 scenario:

1)SAP EP 6.0 having only WEBAS JAVA.

Here I can change the data sorce for the UME userstore in the portal.

system admin> sys configuartion> UME configuration--> in the data source tab

As the default is datbase only , I can chage the data source to LDAP, and the SAP NW can use the LDAP as teh data source though the UME.

2)SAP EP 7.0 having both webAS java and weAS ABAP.

Here the dauflt data source is SAP_system, i.e UME is using the WebAS ABAP as the data source which I cant change, according to Note 718383 - NetWeaver: Supported UME Data Sources and Change Options.

The problem is, if I want to integrate LDAP in the 2nd scenario above, Is it possible ?

If it is pssible to configure LDAP with SAP EP, where the UME is using webAS ABAP as its data source, then what is the procedure.

Do i have to proceed with CUA , means any possibility of LDAP configuration with SAP WebAS ABAP.

Any help or suggestion will be appreaciated.

Regards

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manisha,

I am not sure, but if you configure SNC, then I think SAP can use the LDAP accesses through that. Just search help.sap.com and sdn on SNC configuration. The reason I want you to search is, because I

dont want to abstract the whole process.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I searched for the SNC configuration, but didn't find SNC configuration within LDAP and SAP WebAS.

So that LDAP users can log in to portal throgh WebAS ABAP.

Could you put some light on it?

Regards

Manisha

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

This LDAP id for the UME which again requires the datasource change in the UME from WebAS JAVA.

which I cant change.

So I want LDAP with the WEBAS ABAP, not with UME.

Do u have any idea regarding this?

Regards

Manisha