cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance in application: One view or multiply views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an application which I have to change I found that only one view is used instead of multiply views.

This view contains a set of transparent containers with mapped visible property. Different containers are showing based on user interaction (for end user it looks like navigation between views).

Logically this view can be devided into separate views with the navigation between them.

I would like to separate this view into a set of different view but have doubts.

What can be the reason for such application design? Can it give some performance benefits?

At the moment I see only disadvantages in the design with one view only. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regards

Price

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Price,

Yes if you seperate the Iviews it will be very good for performance of your application.

1. Since if you create diffrent Iviews then If you perform some action on one of the Iviews it will not affect the other Iviews. I mean the whole page will not get refreshed but only that Iview will be refreshed. Soit will save your time of full application refresh.

2. If you submit some data from one IView It will not trigger the action of other Iviews but only perform its action.

3. Managing of one Iview with so many fields are difficult but with seperate Iviews it becomes more user friendly and easy to understand.

Hope this will clarify.

if you require more i can help you

Regards

Narendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I had worked on a similar application, wherein only one view was used and the visiblity of the elements was controlled depending on the event triggered.

This architecture can be used if the view is not too complex and the visibility of the elements can be toggled conveniently. The same view may help in reusability of the methods, although this can be accomplished by declaring the method in a component controller.

However, the best design methodology is to segragate the functionalities in separate views. This has several advantages :

1) An organised segragation of the functionalities

2) Avoids all the UI elements from being loaded on the view, and the they can be loaded when required, that is when the respective view is triggered

3) Avoids complicating the method calls and visibility of the elements. Controlling the visibility can be missed out on certain conditions.

4) Once the view is loaded, the subsequent calls to this view require the view to be loaded again, so it is a wrong notion that a single view would benefit in this context

5) In case of debugging for an error, it would be more convenient if there are separate views, so that the location of the error can be traced easily

If you are comfortable with using a single view you may continue with the present scenario, else you can segragate the view into separate view based on the functionality.

You may revert in case you need more help.

Regards,

Divyata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Price,

Basically it depends on the requirements specified on whether you will chose a single view containing multiple transparent container or multiple views.

1) When all the ui elements are contained in 1 page : then they are loaded once then depending upon the user interaction the action will be performed.

2) If ui elements are on different views then the ease of management of these elements is there.

3) Sometimes the requirement comes as we have to enhance performance and reusability then the multiple views can be used.

4) Sometimes the requirement is such that you have to use them in different containers in a single view.

5) If no specific requirement is given then it also depends upon the developer to decide, so, if you want you can create a new application fresh.

Regards.

Rajat