cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of files transferred successfully using File/FTP adapter in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have successfully created an Integrated Configuration object to transfer files using AAE. I am able to transfer files from source directory to destination directory successfully. Is there a URL in PI administrator tool or any other where I can view a list of all the files transferred and get a daily report showing the actual files transferred.

Also is it possible to search for a particular file in PI tool and it will display when it was transferred whether successfully or failed.

Need help urgently.

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Run Time Workbench (RWB), we can see the list of transferred files from a communication channel.

We can choose adapter type also there like File, Idoc, RFC etc.

There are so many options. for Adapter type, Communication Channel type, Message Interface Name etc.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep, Thanks for your response. Sorry I was not to clear.

Yes I know the RWB gives a summary of files transferred from a comm channel and by adapter type.

Qu1: What I want to know is if I can search the RWB or another PI tool for a particular file to check if it was transferred. eg: if file transferred is called: fileA can i search for that file in RWB or another PI tool to check transfer status.

Qu 2: Which PI tool will give me a list of all files transferred for a particular date range? I mean get a list of files by file name not message ID's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no direct tool for your purpose in which you can see the filename directly.

But a workaround is : you can enable adpater specific properties in ID in sender file adapter and then get your source filename in msg mapping in some field...........then in RWB in msg monitoring you can see your file msgs for a duration.......then you will have to open the msg to see its content - there you will see your source filename and the audit log of the msg will tell whether it was sent to the reciever file system.........which you can also see from reciver comm channel monitoring.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Can you elaborate in more detail what you've described below?

ie: enabling adpater specific properties in ID in sender file adapter then get your source filename in msg mapping in some field...........

then in RWB in msg monitoring you can see your file msgs for a duration.......then you will have to open the msg to see its content - there you will see your source filename and the audit log of the msg will tell whether it was sent to the reciever file system.........which you can also see from reciver comm channel monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have suggested you that in ID, in your sender file comm channel, set adapter-specific message attributes and tick the filename option..........then in IR in msg mapping, by using Dynamic Configuration, you can get the source filename and you can map it some target field..........then you can set target filename by using variable substitution in reciever file comm channel.........So in this way, the target files generated by XI can have souce filenames inside them................then in RWB in msg monitoring, you can see in the content of the msg, the source filename.

Then you can ask your target application to develop an application to show which source files were processed by XI..............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta