cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cancellation of a Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing a challenging problem (at least it is challenging to me), I had created an billing with no SO, just with the Article Document. I used VF02 to cancel the billing document by selecting each line item and then cancel item, because it doesn't allow me to use VF11 to cancel. (I don't know why). It was working fine and I had already cancelled more than 20 billing documents using this method. However, I made a mistake by cancelling a billing document twice.

A billing document 5001366372 was original created and planned to be cancelled. I open the VF02, enter the 5001366372 then enter, select the line item and then click cancel item. After that I saved the document, a cancel billing document had been created - 5400002606. However, I accidentally re-do the process and the system allows me to delete such billing document (5001366372) again, with another cancel billing 5400002607. From my understanding, the billing document cannot be deleted again once it had been deleted, I don't know why I can delete this twice. This is one of my question.

But the more important question is, I need to delete the second cancel billing document (5400002607) but I can't. I tried to use VF11 to cancel, but the system stopped me with an error message "Cancellation document 5400002607 cannot be cancelled". Of course I have tried the other one 5400002606 with the same result. I also tried to change the document in VF02 but failed. I just want to cancel or delete such billing document in anyway it can (along with the corresponding accounting document). Can anyone have any idea on this issue?

*to summarize: *

T-Code__Action _____ Doc #________Result Doc #

VF02____Cancel item__5001366372___5400002606

VF02____Cancel item__5001366372___5400002607

Both Cancellation reference to the same billing document

5400002606 & 5400002607 --> 5001366372

Cannot Cancel by VF11

Thanks and regards,

Mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

The response "Cancellation document cannot be cancelled " is expected one. You can cancel an invoice document either in VF02 or in VF11. However once the cancellation document is created, you cannot cancel the cancellation document. You only have to create a debit memo to reconcile this difference.

The cancellation document types are S1 or S2 depending on the scenario. These documents cannot be reversed. This is the expected behaviour of the system

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!!

According to your answer, the only way I can do to solve this problem is to create another create a debit memo to reconcile this difference. Can I add any reference to this debit memo so that I can cross check the balance? In this case, the balance of the billing document will be difference, if I create the debit memo, will it show in the accouting documents? (sorry that I just know a little about F&A)

Thanks and Regards,

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy

Create a Debit memo with reference to Billing document or Original Sales order. Accounting Document will generate definately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acknowledged!

Thanks,

Mandy