cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the XSD files supplied in Business Content along with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I use the XSD files supplied in Business Content along with MDM ?

Please direct me to any step by step documentation

Version 5.5 SP4

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi susarla ,

When you Unarchive the std business content of SAP into MDM you get along with it the predefined XML schemas,Remote system Tables and fields etc.

The XML schemas in the std content are actually created and uploaded on the MDM server.

You can use them as you use a user defined XML schema in MDM.

Suppose you want to import a source data from the ERP system of which you are using the business content and schema .All you have to do is select that particular schema while importing and the Source xml file that is per thsi schema.

Simillarly you can use this same xml schema while syndicating if you wish to send data to the ERP system in that XML format.

Note: The XML schemas as provided by SAP in MDM are per the SAP ERP business objects.so the fields tables and their structure are in accordance with that.If you need any differnt you can edit the std content as well as create a new one.

XML Syndication:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e04fbbb3-6fad-2a10-3699-fbb40e51...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually u r on very old Service Pack of MDM.

latest Version of MDM 5.5 is 5.5.63.86 ............ its SP6 Patch 3 Hotfix 86

Better u upgrate ur MDM server to latest Patch.......... coz on Marketpalce u wont find Maps & other required business contents (i.e. XI, SRM-MDM) for SP3 Patch3 Hotfix 13 (5.5.33.13)

If u already hv all required Business Contents for 5.5.33.13 then Just unarchive .a2a file in Console........ All XSDs will come automatically & u can see them in Console.

In Import manager, chose Type as XML Schema, then in XML Schema u can see drop down.... which shows all XSDs from Console...... choose proper XSD, then in File name give ur input data XML file.

Thanks,

Maheshwari