cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Reconciliation account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While I was configuring SD reconciliation account determination in IMG, I encountered some difficulties that I could not solve. Hope some advice from gurus.

I successfully setup all the necessary pricing configuration in IMG and created Sales orders. I also billed Sales order(order related billing) followed by Accounting doc(Revenue accout determination successful. App: V, CndTy: KOFI, ChAc: 1000, CnTy: ZDR1, AcctKy: ER1, G/L: 9118110).

Other than Revenue account above, I wanted to determine the Reconciliation account by the price condition type(ZDR1) of the Sales Order.

1. SPRO >> SD >> Basic functions >> Account assignment/Costing >> Reconciliation account determination

2. Maintain field catalog >> add KSCHA field (price condition type)

3. Maintain condition table >> create 501 table and select KSCHA field

4. Maintain access sequence >> select KOAB(rec. account determination) >> goto Accesses >> add a new step of table 501 from above

5. Assgin G/L account >> double click 501 table >> New entries >>

App: VB, CndTy.: KOAB, ChAc: 1000, CnTy: ???

-Note-

App = Application, VB = Reconciliation account

CndTy = Condition type for account determination

ChAc = Chart of account

CnTy = Condition type of price (I added this field in the above IMG)

The problem is ??? part. When I set the step 5 above, I could not find any price condition type resulting in failure of setting G/L account in the final step.

Revenue account determination was all successful but Reconciliation revenue account was NOT. I never understand here.

Can't price condition be used in the Reconciliation account determination?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained your reconciliation account determination in OV64.

If not then please do this setting for reconciliation account determination.

Can you tell what account has been determined for that particular condition type.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Raj.

I was actually assigning Rec. G/L in OV64 but error occurred.

-

"Entry VB ZDR1 does not exist in T685A (check entry)"

-

I never understand why this error prompted.

Would you please help?

-Note-

VB: Reconciliation

ZDR1: pricing condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG u2013 Sales and distribution u2013 basic function u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 reconciliation account determination u2013 maintain condition type.

Over here you have maintained ZDR1 or KOAB.

There will be KOAB use that only.

Now go to IMG u2013 Sales and distribution u2013 basic function u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 reconciliation account determination u2013 maintain account determination procedure.

Over here check whether KOAB is assigned to your account determination procedure or not.

Now go to OV64 and assign your account in general.

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Your Chart of Account u2013 Sales organization u2013 your account.

Assign this setting and save the document.

Now check whether still there is some problem or not

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj, but don't get me wrong.

If you look into my first message in this thread, I'm already using KOAB. (ZDR1 is price condition type)

What I want is,

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Your Chart of Account u2013 Pricing condition type(KSCHA) - your account.

The problem is,

Pricing condition type(Field name: KSCHA) above is not listed in OV64, even though I set all the neccessary configurations.

Please help me once again.

Edited by: Hong-Rim Kim on Jan 13, 2009 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reconciliation account can be saved on 2 option only

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization and other is

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization u2013 distribution channel.

You can not put your condition type of pricing over here.

When you save the billing document system will check the combination on any one of the account determination procedure and provide the G/L account accordingly.

If you see in VKOA also you cant give your pricing condition type over there.

There is one option in there is account key which helps to determine particular condition type in pricing procedure.

In V/08 you can provide the account key for particular condition type which helps to determine the revenue account in VKOA.

So just save the setting as given in my previous reply.

And check the result what you are getting.

If any error occurs then just let us know.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the prompt reply Raj,

You explained,

-

Reconciliation account can be saved on 2 option only

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization and other is

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization u2013 distribution channel.

-

That is a little bit different from what I think.

Under IMG menu of Reconciliation Account Determination, there is sub menu "Maintain field catalog".

In the field catalog, you can see the default fields like Sales org, Dist channel, Division, Plant...

There, you can add new fields using possible entries from KOMCV table.

You can add pricing condition type(KSCHA), Account key(KVSL1), Item cat(PSTYV) and many other fields.

As a result, you can configure like,

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Price condition type, or

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Account key

Field catalog is provided not only in Reconciliation account determination(OV64) but also Revenue account determination(VKOA).

Please do correct me if I misunderstand the function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for providing me some new information I was not knowing about it.

Now for this combination do this setting VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Price condition type

Go to IMG u2013 Sales and distribution u2013 basic function u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 reconciliation account determination u2013 maintain condition type

Assign your condition type ZDR1 and then assign to account determination procedure.

Check whether now you are able to store your data in OV64.

For this setting VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Account key

Go to V/08 and check the account key assigned to your condition type

Now with that account key save your setting for this combination in OV64.

Give me also the update whether it is working or not.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

There are two types of condition type. One is account determ condition and the other is price condition.

"ZDR1" is not account determination condition type but price condition type.

Thus, ZDR1 should not be configured in Reconciliation determination IMG but in the Pricing IMG.

I already configured ZDR1 condition type setting in the appropriate IMG path(SD-Basic func-Pricing...)

I tested below successfully.

-

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Item cat

-

I wonder why above setting is possible but I cannot configure below...

-

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Price condition type("ZDR1").

-

VB: application

KOAB: condition type for reconciliation account determination

ZDR1: pricing condition type I configured in pricing

I did some research in SAP Notes but couldn't find any clue...

Please take one more look on this...

Edited by: Hong-Rim Kim on Jan 13, 2009 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong,

You have given solution by urself only.

ZDR1 is pricing condition type not account determination condition type.

In pricing condition type there are some more setting which we cant do in account determination process.

Generally there are five thing which determine account.

Chart of account u2013 sales organization u2013 account assignment group customer u2013 account assignment group material u2013 account key.

These are basic five combination on which G/L account is determined.

So pricing condition type generally donu2019t come in picture.

Pricing condition type we give in V/08 and give account key in pricing procedure.

Which is used over here to determine account of that condition type.

So use second procedure only to determine the account which is proper.

Regards

Raj.

Provide some point also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You said,

"Generally there are five thing which determine account.

Chart of account u2013 sales organization u2013 account assignment group customer u2013 account assignment group material u2013 account key."

This means,

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 account key

is possible. Right?

But the truth is, we cannot not configure above, either.

Would you please give some information why? I never understand...

I guess, it is related with usage and application.

By looking into the T681Z table,

Usage A: pricing

Usage C: account determination

Application V: SD

Application VB: Reconciliation.

But I'm totally stuck here. Any idea, Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong,

But you said in your previous reply that this is working.

Now what error it is throwing when you assign this combination

When you create your billing document which account system determines can you tell me that.

And which account you have assigned in OV64 can you provide me that detail please.

I request you if you have this standard combination of

VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization

Then use this one for account determination procedure.

And did you assign this condition type in revenue account generation also???

Please provide me these detail.

Because if you do these setting then I donu2019t think so any problem should occur.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Let me clarify a bit.

The successful combination is,

1. VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization

2. VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Sales organization - Distribution channel

3. VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Item category

But the unsuccessful combination is,

4. VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Prcing condition type

5. VB u2013 KOAB u2013 Chart of account u2013 Account key of pricing procedure

I told you that Item category combination above(3 case) was successful. But in various business cases, we cannot always go with the 1,2,3 cases. Sometimes we need 4 or 5 cases.

Unlike Reconciliation account determination, Revenue account determination works perfect with all cases(1~5 above). For example, below works fine.

V - KOFI - Chart of account - Pricing condition type - Account key of pricing procedure

As you may notice from above, the difference between Reconciliation acct determ and Revenue acct determ is, the Application("VB" whereas "V").

"V" stands for "Sales and distribution" and "VB" stands for Reconciliation.

When I assign recon. account(case 4 above) in OV64, the following error occurrs.

-

Entry VB ZDR1 does not exist in T685A (check entry)

Message no. 00058

-

But the funny thing is, I don't have error like above when I configure the case 3 above.

Fur the more, even though I put the proper entry in T685A, the reconciliation account does not come in Billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your customizing is working in revenue account then it should work over here also.

You have added your pricing condition type in which place.

Can you tell me in both revenue and reconciliation account.

Have you enter you pricing condition type in condition table or not.

While doing the assignment of access sequence have you gone up to the field level or not.

Select your access sequence then double click on access select your condition table then double click on field at that system will throw some warning mess. Just go on pressing enter and then save it.

If you have done this process properly then it should work.

The error which system giving is related to this assignment.

IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 basic function u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 reconciliation account u2013 maintain account determination procedure.

over here system is not able to determine your pricing condition type.

Check out the process once again and then let us know the result.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I think I did and checked everything you told in your previous reply.

I also think rec. acct determination should work with pricing condition type, as long as revenue account determ works with pricing condition type.

Even though I assign SAP standard pricing condition type "PR00", it doesn't work in OV64.

I'd like to attach powerpoint file here which I descripted the configuration step with error, but this forum does not have file upload button. Can you give me your email so that I can send it to you?

By the way, I've opened OSS notes with the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i was not able to reply you early as my server was down.

you can get id on my business card which this forum has.

you can use that to send your file.

by the way you will get better solution in OSS then me.

so please post the solution if you got it.

regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem. Have either of you found a solution?

Thanks,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid not.

I could not use pricing condition type in reconciliation account determination. Instead, I used item category since it works. I don't know why ... but...

Anyway, sorry that my reply doesn't much help. If you find the solution any chance, please share with me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hong-Rim Kim

Did you find a workaround to this

I am also looking for reconcilliation account determination on the basis of a condition in pricing

My actual scenario is to split the customer line item into two line items with different/same reconcilliation accounts.

THis split should be determinable as a percentage of the total customer due amount (net value) . This is needed to map the retention money process of construcion industry.The customer withholds payment of a certain amount of invoice value .this is paid only at the end of a fixed period after delivery of projects

This is usually achieved using installment payment terms but i cannot opt for that since the % rate of retention or the base line date is not fixed and varies from customer to customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the below solution for your requirement

Create a ZZ field and include it in your Account determination communication structure KOMKCZ and KOMPCZ. Maintain your table with ZZ field instead of KSCHA.Populate your pricing condition type value to the ZZ field using EXIT_SAPLV60B_01.Hope it works