cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI mapping part two

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated in my question XI mapping TEXT the answer is to make use of the CopyValue, which works.

However, I now have to condition this to a IF THEN ELSE in other words if the TEXT from above does not exist then use another variable which again is conditioned. It appears that the IF THEN ELSE is not working as I cannot produce a Target element when making a selection from the ELSE condition.

I have tried changing contexts, added removecontexts etc. but this still isn't working

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

To debug where you have done mistale you can just right click ifthenelse function and then from the options available select view queue.

It will show you what input is given to the function and what is output and subsequently correct the input, if there is any problem in it.

thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

It appears that it is all suppressed - not sure why?

My scenario is such:

If TDID 9028 exists use TDLINE associated with this ( here I use CopyValue - this is working fine) ELSE check for PARVW ZC and use NAME2 ( if NAME2 is blank then use STRAS which is also from PARVW = ZC)

Thanks

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is now resolved. It must have been a Parent child node thing

Before I had

TDID 9028 -> exists -> If then else

Now I have replaced the exists with a check based on counter to see if we have anything associated with TDID and the ELSE part of the IF THEN ELSE works perfectly.

Thanks

Mark

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thats good news that you have resolved your probem.

But you have wrong concept regarding the Node function "exists".

this function does not check for the value of Feild but it check if the field is present.

In your case feild TDID was always there irrespective of the value in it.

So the input to the ifthenelse was always "true".

in such case your else part will never get executed.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Many Thanks for your reply ( I have awarded points) I now understand this a bit better. Looks like this is where I was going wrong by assuming that it would check if the value associated with TDID was there instead it is checking if TDID is there.

Once again thank you for taking the time out to clarify this for me.

Regards

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check input to the IfThenElse is boolean.

Can you please explain your requirement?