cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing for Return Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

SAP provides billing type RE for returns credit memos.

In our system copy control exists from order type RE to billing type RE.

There is no copy control from delivery type LR to billing type RE.

Item category REN is set up for order related billing.

Are these SAP standard settings?

Would it not make more sense to create the returns credit memo with reference to the LR delivery?

If anyone can share their experience, that is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anisha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

This is standard setting in SAP.

There are some cases when customer rejects our goods.

So for that purpose we create return order and we do billing with reference to return order only.

Because customer wont be interested in our internal work like good receipt and quality check.

They want their money as soon as possible so we create billing document with reference to return order.

So keeping that in mind these setting has done is standard system.

Hope so this will clarify some of your doubt.

Regards

Raj.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is purely a business demand

May be SAP has defined in standards, a return billing type straight away from return order type

But in my experiences and implementations i have taken the return delivery based on return order and based on that (return delivery) quantity only we have issued credit memo

For this we have deviated from SO called SAP standards and made some extra settings in copy control and made REN as delivery related billing and the same is working fine for us

So it is purely a clients call(he wanted to check the qty in reurn delivery)

SAP has defined the process but exactly client operations may not happen strictly to that and in those cases we need to modify a bit

and situations like this nobody can claim this process (what we modified)is wrong

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I was just telling about the standard process about SAP whether it is there or not.

I know we have to be flexible in our customizing to meet the customer requirement.

Client may want that payment should be done after checking the particular return product.

So we have to make some changes and to meet that requirement.

I was just explaining the setting which SAP has provided.

We have to make changes in that to meet our client requirement.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

I request you to kindly give me the details of the settings done for creating the "Credit memo for Return"with reference to the "Return delivery".

Waiting for your reply.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically the reurn order RE configuration VOV8 is mandatory ref to billing doc and the return delivery type is LR and return billing type as RE(order related billing )and you have to mention RE is the billing type for delivery related billing also in the billing tab plus the billing block

No need to touch this

REN should be made delivery related billing A(in standard it is set to B order related billing)

In VTLA copy controls should be set between RE order type and LR delivery type both at header and item level

IN VTFL copy controls should be set between LR delivery type and RE billing type both at header and item level

These copy controls have to be configured perfectly

The above mentioned VTLA copy controls may be there in standard and VTFL we may have do it carefully

With this you will be able to create return billing RE type with ref to LR Return del type not with return order type RE

Dear Raj Aryan malhotra

I was sharing my experience only in my previous post by mistake i clicked on to the reply of your post and sent it instead of the friend who has posted this qn and it is not to challenge your views at all and your point is a valid one

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Could you kindly provide the setting you made for copy control between LR --> RE (hdr level) and also LR (REN) --> RE (item level)?

That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anisha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anisha

There are instances where the customer rejects the material and inform the supplier about the quantity that has been rejected and reasons for the same.

It is upto the manufacturer to take a decision whether to take back the material or not. Mostly, bringing back the rejected goods involves cumbersome paper work and hence manufacturers go by what customer says and they will accept to give credit note without taking back the rejected goods.

So in the above scenario, there will not be return of goods but you have to give credit note to customer. Here, the copy control is return order to credit memo.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi