cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Service will not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

I admit I am green when it comes to Business Objects Administration. I was given to me after two rounds of layoffs and no training.

I have a server that the CMS service will not start on. There are the following errors logged in the event viewer.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: BusinessObjects_CMS

Event Category: Services

Event ID: 35101

Date: 1/12/2009

Time: 2:14:20 PM

User: N/A

Computer: T-BUSOBJ3

Description:

The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Each clustered CMS must be configured to have the same audit database connection. Please check the audit database connection for this CMS and make sure it matches the settings for the other CMS cluster members.).

And...

Event Source: BusinessObjects_CMS

Event Category: Configuration

Event ID: 60116

Time: 2:14:20 PM

Description:

Each clustered CMS must be configured to have the same audit database connection. Please check the audit database connection for this CMS and make sure it matches the settings for the other CMS cluster members.

And...

Event Source: BusinessObjects_JobServer

Event Category: Services

Event ID: 34200

Time: 1:42:47 PM

Description:

Failed to register with the CMS T-BUSOBJ33. Please make sure the CMS is up and running. Attempting an automatic retry...

The last one really is odd because there is no server names T-BUSOBJ33 nor has there ever been one. I think it is a type on the config somewhere but I cannot find it at all. I also cannot find the auditing configuration anywhere.

Can someone help me find my way?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike !

Have you copied the BO environment to another bo environment, by using copy in the CMC services ?

Br

Thortsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I found that one server in the cluster had auditing turned on and the other didn't so that caused it to not work. Once I configured the two the same both worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I'll presume you're on XI R2 and not XI 3.xx.

Each clustered CMS must be configured to have the same audit database connection. Please check the audit database connection for this CMS and make sure it matches the settings for the other CMS cluster members

This typically occurs when:

1: The CMSs in a cluster are on different patch levels (I had this happen when the CMSs were not on the same SP level. I presume the issue occurs when the CMSs are on different FP levels too).

2. As the error suggests, the CMSs in the cluster do not point to the same Audit database.

To resolve the problem, try the following:

1. Disable Auditing on all CMSs.

2. Ensure that all CMSs are on the same patch level.

Also, as for the JobServer trying to register with T-BUSOBJ33, I believe T-BUSOBJ33 existed in your cluster at some point and hence is referenced in your CMS database. You will probably see T-BUSOBJ33 listed in the list of server in the CMC (assuming you can get at least one CMS working). Once your cluster itself is working, you will need to delete all reference to T-BUSOBJ33 from the CMC.

I also cannot find the auditing configuration anywhere.

This is configured via the CCM, Right-click on CMS --> Properties, switch to the Configuration tab.

Again, as Alan mentioned, please provide deployment information .i.e. version, OS, database etc.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

What version are you on?

Regards

Alan