cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB12 redo log file count

0 Kudos

In two of our systems transaction DB12 shows that redo log files are not yet backed up when they have been. In the Redo Log Backups section of the screen there is a button that says Overview of Redo Logs. Beside that is the text Not Yet Backed Up: 197. But if I look at the archive log directory it is completely empty, so I know that the log files have been backed up and deleted.

If I click on the Overview of Redo Logs button, it shows me a list of files dating back over a year. If I click on the refresh button while viewing the list I get a blank result - which is correct.

How do I reset the count so that it shows the correct value of 0?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try running updatestats, check DB through DB13. Also execute programs RSSTAT60, RSORA811, RSORASNP & RSCOLL00 through SE38. This might solve the issue.

Lokesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

It went away by itself. But now it's showing up on another system. Strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

a few ideas about it:

Did you check log files of brarchive? Any error messages?

If have seen something like that happen when a system had been restored from backup. Did you?

In this case the number of log files shown as 'not yet saved' will gradually decrease and will soon be 0, as soon as another 197 files have been saved.

Just wait and see!

(I am quite sure that there must be a way to correct it just now. But waiting will be easier.)

regards