Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync-Async communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible to have a sync-async communication like this:

receive - open s/a bridge

send (async idoc with acknowledgement in return)

send - close s/a bridge?

or do I have to use a receive step after the send step in the middle?

I am trying to get a confirmation of Idoc posted to application and send this back to calling application, but I get a timeout error after the send (async idoc with acknowledgement) step...

Thanks!

regards Marianne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question solved. It is possible to do this without the receive step as I thought. I'll give you points for a helpful answer. The timeout I'll have to configure somewhere else, looks like the acknowledgements sometimes comes after 10 seconds and sometimes after more than 60 seconds..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For timeout, go to transaction SMICM......then in the menu, you have Goto......click it.......then you will see Services in the menu.......click Services........then you will see HTTP..........edit the process timeout parameter by increasing it........then restart your server.............then your this timeout issue will be resolved.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Send Step Acknowledge Property use Transport

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If your Scenario is Sending IDoc and Receiving Just Tranportation Ack

Then i think only one Asyn Send Step would be require.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Look this blog might help you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2776. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Received Ack you can see in SXMB_MONI.

Here first send step inside the block will send out the IDoc and will wait for the transport acknowledgement from the Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamweer

This is exactly how I have configured it (but getting some error messages)! My problem is that Shankar says that I need a receive step after sending the Idoc (as I am using a sync-async bridge). Do you know if that is correct?

I want to do it this way, but I have to be sure that this can be done within a s/a bridge (receive, send async, send sync).

Thanks!

-M

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use a receiver step too. Because the send step used to send idoc can not receive the response as it is not in sync mode.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for you answer. I trust you here, but I have seen someone using this approach here on sdn.

Is it not possible to have the send step wait for acknowledgement and if ack is received then send a message back to the synchronous process. And also have a timeout exception that sends back a fault if acknowledgement is not received?

I know that some have been able to return to sync process wether the Idoc was posted correct or not...

regards Marianne