cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using a tag query

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a tag query that works in our sandbox environment, but not in dev. I loaded the same JDBC drivers on both systems.

The project was exported from the sandbox, and imported into dev.

I have verified the Data Server set up is identical in both environments. Connection status in both environments is identical - running, same number of connections, etc.

When I try to run the query on sandbox in workbench, the query returns data. I get this error on the dev system -

SQL error has occurred on query java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid object name 'tag'.

Detailed error -

java.lang.Exception: SQL error has occurred on query [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid object name 'publicgrouptag'.

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.workbench.populators.IlluminatorPopulator.get(IlluminatorPopulator.java:114)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.workbench.populators.TagListPopulator.get(TagListPopulator.java:47)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.workbench.components.desktop.custom.TagQueryBuilderPanel$6.construct(TagQueryBuilderPanel.java:723)

at com.sap.lhcommon.gui.ThreadCreator$2.run(ThreadCreator.java:94)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check via Enterprise Manager.

I may not have made this point clearly, but this works in our sandbox environment, but not in dev. Both connect to the same DB, on the same server, with the same credentials. The code is the same on both environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per the developer:

I am not getting the u2018publicgrouptagu2019 error because when I try and create a new tag query with GroupList I get a u201CServer name cannot be blank; enter a server nameu201D error.

However, using Mode = Current works just fine.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use MSSQL Enterprise Manager to look in the Runtime database on the InSQL machine you'll see the Tag table as well as the PublicGroupTag and PrivateGroupTag tables. Collectively these tables provide the applicable tag group hierarchy that should be present in a tree format for namespace browsing at the top of the Tag.

An SQL query is run by the editor against these tables in order to display this hierarchy in the WB. It would also be used by any Mode=GroupList query.

Have you tried the wwAdmin user instead of sa - perhaps you have some sort of strange permission issue, even though the error message didn't exactly say so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Name Value

Connector InSQL

ConnectorID

ConnectorType TAG

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description Connection to WW server

Enabled T

InternalDateFormat MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

MaxRetryCount 5

Name WWServer

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 25

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.InSQL

ServerURL jdbc:sqlserver://XXXXXXXXXX:1433;database=runtime (I X'd it out - I have also tried IP)

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UseOLEDB true

UserName sa

ValidationQuery SELECT GETDATE()

WaitTime 30

Working on geting the version - based on the previous post, do you know which driver it is using for inSQL?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of your included JDBC driver archives has a class that matches the path provided by the JDBCDriver setting for the data server (likely the sqljdbc.jar file).

If you take the JDBCDriver setting:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

and replace the periods for sub directories and add a .class on the end you'll have:

com\microsoft\sqlserver\jdbc\SQLServerDriver.class

So if you unpacked the jar file you'd find this java class (and the other ones included with the driver).

Do you get the same error about 'publicgrouptag' and 'tag' objects when you test a tag query request for GroupList mode? These tables/views would be used by the underlying queries used to populate the tag details tab in the WB. Do you see these tables or view within the SQL Server? Does the sa user have appropriate permissions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if this is a dumb question - how do I determine my data server settings and version of inSQL?

Are you referring to what is in the Data Servers definition?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a convenient Summary button below the data server properties that you could copy from.

As far as the version of InSQL - check with the particular admin I suppose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently have these drvers installed:

jt400Proxy.jar

Merlia.jar

sqljdbc.jar

jt400.jar

msutil.jar

mssqlserver.jar

msbase.jar

jt400Servlet.jar

How do I determine the version?

Also, this is actually going to a SQL 2005 DB not SQL 2000.

Again, from what I can tell, the set up is the same on the sandbox and dev systems (but there must be something different since it is not working).

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your error it would appear to be a tag request to InSQL. Why not post your relevant data server settings and indicate what version of InSQL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses - will have answers shortly!

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I would try the following ...

1. Check the Firewall

2. Recheck whether the driver is deployed properly (Version, etc)

Regards,

Ajay.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why, or perhaps I should ask how, are you executing a tag query against the SQL Server 2000 database? And how did you get it to work in the sandbox? Or did I misunderstand the situation?

Regards,

Mike