SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget entry documents with wrong Budget hierarchy doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues !

I have this opened question from a customer:

======================================================

Hello!

We have implemented FM- Former management module in SAP Enterprise

system. We have problem with budget documents after budget figures

entering in productive system for 2009 year.

The situation is following:

We have the Funds Center hierarchy (as an example):

T -> T1 -> T17 -> T171

After Budget entry, the budget hierarachy document prepared only for

few Funds center hierarchy levels:

T -> T1 -> T171( see in attached pictures).

The same situation we have also with all others budget documents as well

however the budget structure is performed for all levels and without

errors. As a result we have problems wth our reporting system.

What can we do to repair these documents?

===========================================================

Any hint will be much appreciated

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Commitment Budget, the following Change in Hierarchy transactions are available:

FR01 - Original Budget

FR15 - Supplements

FR23 - Returns

For Payment Budget:

FR04 - Original Budget

FR19 - Supplements

FR27- Returns

With these transactions you can manually correct hierarchy postings.

Regarding the source of the problem: If you have checked FMSE to ensure that the hierarchy is correct, you may also need to check your budget structure hierarchy to ensure that a budget object is set at each level. We budget from the bottom up and set budget objects at the lowest level using FM9K. We then use the Edit>Supplement functionality to automatically set upper level budget objects based on the funds center and commitment item hierarhies. If a budget object is missing, that could be your problem. Hope this helps!!

0 Kudos

Hello!

The problem is following: Funds center hierarchy is OK now, but different then in Budget hierarachy documents. All standard transactions are working as budget supplement or return:(. For example transaction FR04: We have hierarchy: T-> T1 -> T17 -> T171 with according figures 100 -> 100 -> 0 -> 100. All our actions in the node T171 describing as budget corrections, it means if we correcting T171 on amount 105, then we receive the following figures for budget structure 105(T) -> 105(T1) -> 5(T17) ->105(T171).

I see only one possibility: to clear tables assigned with budget entry documents, but we should know full list of involved tables.

May be some other good ideas???

Ilona

0 Kudos

Ilona:

If I understand your problem correctly, you entered budget in the amount of $100 at the T171 funds center level. The same $100 should appear in T17, T1 and T superior funds centers as well based on your hierarchy. If so, please try this. In the FR04 transaction on the selection screen, enter funds center T (highest funds center level) and your fund information, etc. On the second screen, change the period from 07 to YEAR (scroll to the top of the drop down list). The Distribution Key column should then be visible. You should see the following:

FC AMT DIST KEY

T $100 0

T1 $100 0

T17 $0 0

T171 $100 1

You should be able to change the amount at the T17 level to $100 and change the distribution key to 1 (equal distribution). Use the check (F7) function to ensure that the hierarchy is in balance. If no errors are received, you should be able to post the hierarchy correction.

Edited by: Karen Jobe on Jan 14, 2009 8:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for advice!

But actually it doesn't work:(. The distribution key is only for distribution amounts per monthes, but not for Budget structure hierarchy levels. As a result:

- if we correct amount only for level T17, then we have Error message about inconsistency of budget

- if we run up summarisation we have wrong budget in the levels T1 and T

May be some other ideas?

Ilona

0 Kudos

Hi Ilona,

Since I have opened the thread I "own" the thread and I can see all the updates.

Whenever the thread is answered completely in your opinion, kindly let me know and also inform me the notes that you want that I give to each person (say the names) as follow:

10 points Answered

6 points Very Helpful

2 points Helpful

Thanks for your kind udnerstanding.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth