cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Freight price on Sales Order with minimum total freight for order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am stuck trying to solve a freight pricing scenario on sales orders and I was hoping that someone might have seen this problem before. There are a number of basic requirements:

1. The freight should be calculated automatically.

2. The freight should be based on weight and shipping condition.

3. The total freight of the order should be minimum X Euro.

The problem we have is to try combining these three requirements since access sequences and condition records are not used on header conditions. The first 2 should be possibe to solve using a copy of standard item freight condition KF00 and creating a new access sequence including shipping condition. However, when including the last requirement we must see to the freight price of the complete Sales order and the system must automatically if the total reaches the minimum level.

For example, say that we have a sales order with 2 items and the minimum freight for a total order should be 10 Euro. Based on weight and shipping condition the system automatically finds condition records giving item 1 a freight price of 2 Euro and item 2, 3 Euro -> giving us a total freight of 5 Euro.

The system should see that the total freight of the 2 items does not reach the minimum freight price and automatically use the minimum price instead.

I have been looking at the possibility to use 2 separate condition types (since the minimum should be a fixed price), or maybe it is possible to solve this through a user exit somehow? Has anyone seen this type of problem before?

Any input and thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

/Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

For the 1st query , maintain access sequence and assign it to the condition type and maintain condition record for that freight condition type

For your 2nd query , in V/06 change the calculation type of the freight condition type to gross weight /Net weight

But as issue is concerned in VK12 maintain minimum & maximum values. So if the Minimum value reaches then only the condition type triggers

So in your pricing procedure say you have a 2 freight condition types of ZXXX & YXXX . So assign minimum & maximum order values in VK12 for ZXXX condition type . And if its maximum value exceeds then YXXX condition type should trigger.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your response!

I am a bit uncertain what you mean with minimum and maximum values - I have not been able to find those fields in the condition record maintenance. I have only been able to find the lower limit and upper limit (which is only for manual maintenance).

Is it condition type specific? If so, would it be possible for you to refer me to a standard condition type that I can have a look at?

Additionally - when you explain the functionality you mention the order value (minimum and maximum order values). Will that actually look at the entire order value, or only the freight value of the entire order. Our issue requires to check only the total freight value of the the order.

Regards,

/Dan