Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance problems for SOST/mail sending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellows!

Short problem formulation:

Takes to much time to create&send emails. Is there something you can do? And how about archiving?

Longer background:

We are using BCS classes to send emails through SAP Connect for our 6.20 WAS.

Basically it is 3000 mails every morning with two attachements per mail; one Excel file and one txt file. Each file ranging from 10-50000 rows.

Anyway. Only to create these mails it seems to take 3-5 hours, but the time is growing.

Sending the mails seems to take around 3h (RSCONN01).

The SOST transaction takes some 30 minutes only to open!

What can we do? Archiving possible?

I would like to delete all mails older than one week, but we have some legal constraints and getting hold of the actual mail server seems to be a problem.

OSS notes indicates some index problems, and we are up to date on these.

Any advice?

Best regards, and thanks in advance for the good comments!

// Mattias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mattias,

Is it not possible to archive on the mail server itself, as this is where the source is building up. I ran into this problem at a current customer on Exchange, and they archived on the Exchange Server. If you have experienced this performance problem for quite a while not, and have done tracing via SM50, you can alternatively enter an OSS message under component BC-SRV-COM.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It is possible to archive on the mail server. But obviously another "team" is owning this server, it is on another location and it seems to be hard to get access to it. And every now and then we need to find "old" emails.

For the SOST performance problems, and the fact it takes so much time to create and send emails, we probably will have to delete all old mails from SCOT/SOST. And hopefully we can do that as soon as archiving and processes are on place.

Thanks for your answer!

BR

Mattias

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a good SAP note wich describes how to use reorganisation in this area: #728063

If you have Oracle database, you can try to update statistic on the following Tables: SOOS, SOES, SOST, SOFM, SOOD.

If it would not help: can you tell us ~how many records the above tables contain?

Regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for yor thoughts.

We are running on a DB2 actually, first time I'm on this database and I found performance sometimes really strange and what seems to be because of the DB2...

SOOS = ~197.000

SOES = ~190.000

SOST = ~396.000

SOFM = ~386.000

SOOD = ~577.000

Will probably look into the reorganisation in the future but by adding the indexes, that I have explained below we have seen REALLY good improvements. V_ADCP_SO !!!

Thanks very much!

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

these numbers are quite ok. The performance for these table is usually acceptable at these numbers.

Regards,

Dezso

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

In order to do something about these performance problems we added index on tables ADRC ADRP ADCP because our traces have shown that view V_ADCP_SO is the view to blame.

In terms of sending emails it made a HUGE different. Also creating the emails themself were > 50% better.

Next step will be to start delete emails from SOST and see whatever happens.

Thanks,