cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NetWeaver with 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Does anyone know if I can use the NetWeaver product with release 4.6c? We're hoping to upgrade, but it won't be until some time next year. I'm presently using the @Web Studio to do some Web-enablement, but that's obviously not the direction things are going, and it has some major shortcomings. If I could get on board with the Web Dynpro and all the other good things provided by NetWeaver, that would be the ultimate. Can anyone help me get rolling, if that is possible? Sorry for the newbie-type post.

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are talking about connecting a web dynpro application to a backend 46c system, then yes, you can do that. That is currently how our landscape is. We have a 46c instance running on one box, and a Web AS 6.40 java stack running on another box. Our Netweaver portal is also running on that box. We develop web dynpro applications using NWDS, that connect to the 46c backend to retrieve data. The applications run on the Web As 6.40 box.

If you want to run your 46c system on the netweaver platform, that is not possible. 46c runs on the old basis layer.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

Could you please point me to the place where I can get SAP documentation that confirms that 6.40 or 7.00 NetWeaver stack will indeed connect to 4.6C using JCO? I need to present the client with this idea, but they will require "proof" that SAP does indeed support it before investing into the NWDI infrastructure.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether you have any problem in connecting using nwds to 4.6c.for me it is showing no authorization to target system.i tried using the user with full authorization but the same error...any help ...