cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to store badge id number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Community,

I have need of storing a badge number so that it is associated with an employee number.

In the infotype structures, I have found IT0105, field USRID (Communication ID number), but it turned out that this was for the ABAP logon id.

I also found IT0050, field ZAUSW (Time Recording ID Number). It is a NUMC 8 field.

Is it ok to use PA0050-ZAUSW to store the badge number? Or does anyone have any experience using a different field?

Thank you,

Dean Atteberry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Atteberry,

The badage number can be stored in PA0105 subty "0003" in USRID field.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RK, I wasn't seeing the sub-type option for IT0105. Because you pointed out the sub-type, I ended up creating a new sub-type 9000.

Thank you for your help!

Dean Atteberry.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dean Atteberry.

I am very much sure that we store Badge number in IT0032.

It is just ment for that

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- if it's a badge which is also used for clock in/clock out use IT0050

- IT0032 is meant for storing a previous personnel number (i.e. from a legacy system).

- my suggestion otherwise would be to create a company-specific subtype for IT0105.

Wilfred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wilfred.

I agree with you.

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The IT 0105 is basically for all types of communications and if your badge id has any connection with your communication IT then you can store in it otherwise my suggestion would be to either store it in IT 0032 or else in Personal ID's IT0185 but pls note that this ID will not get displayed in Portal as SAP standard does not still display anything other than superannuation, gratuity and Pan ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can store it in IT0185

Ravee

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dean,

You can also use IT 0185 personnel ID for storing Badage ID number.

It will be more comfortable to store this ID in IT 0185.

Regards,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may look at IT0032 for storing your badge id number.