cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment VT02N/VT03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VT02N/VT03N would like to know in DEADLINE tab view from where the date and time are been pulled under planning and execution. What the Planning and Execution sides are for ?

Planning Execution

Check in Check in

Loading Start Loading Start

Loading end Loading end

Shipment completion Shipment completion

Shipment Start Shipment Start

Shipment end Shipment end

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Edited by: Victor Collins on Jan 12, 2009 3:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Planning VS Execution is Planned VS Actual

When creating shipments, the transportation planner sets the PLANNED dates/times for each activity in the left "planned" column. The right "Execution" column is where the Transportation planner enters the ACTUAL dates/times. You can enter dates/times manually or by clicking on the box to the right of the fields. This will input the current date.

When all "Execution" dates are blank, the shipment is in overall status 0, and the shipment is available for change.

As each "Execution" date is populated, the shipment Status changes. Top to bottom: 1 - 7, with Shipment End = Overall Status 7. Once status is above 0, you can no longer change forwarding agents or add and remove deliveries,

Data in the "Planned" column do not affect the shipment status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply.

In the EXECUTION side transportation planner enters the actual date and time. However in the PLANNING side date and time are getting copied automatically. I would like to know from where this data is being pulled? Does this information is being copied from the requested delivery date in the sales order ?

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Shipment Deadline configuration for your shipment type in the IMG at Logistics Execution > Transportation > Basic Transportation Functions > Shipping Deadlines >

Use "Assign Event Group to Shipment Type" to determine which Event Group is assigned to your shipment type

Then, use "Create Event Group", select your event group and determine the Event being used.

Then, use "Maintain Deadlines and Events" and then "Time Mapping IL" option to see where your dates are coming from.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I appreciate your time.

I have gone through the path mentioned. Though I find the fields names but a beginner like me itu2019s difficult to understand.

While creation of shipment document in VT01N, deadlines tab under PLANNING side time and date is being copied from somewhere after hitting the PLANNING button under EXECUTION side. My requirement is to figure out from where the date and time is being copied?

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by: Victor Collins on Jan 13, 2009 11:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know if there is some SAP analysis tool exists to give the information from the execution side?

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

I can only tell you to look in config. The deadline settings should tell you which field the dates are comming from. For example, in my Discovery System, the following are set up:

Log.Time = WSHDRLDDAT and a "Time Alias" of " WS LOADING LIKP" - LIKP is the Delivery Header Table

I can calso see in "Time Mapping IL", that the above Time Alias has a date field of "LDDAT" and a time field of "LDUHR"

If I look at table LIKP (Tcode SE16N) I can see that LDDAT is the "Loading Date" and LDUHR is the "Loading Time" from the delivery header.

If you want to see these dates/times on the delivery, open a delivery (VL03N) and go to > Header > Processing

Chances are, your config settings are similar

If you do not want ANY times/dates to default for you, then you should assign template "WS STANDARD TRA" to your shipment type in "Assign Event Group to Shipment Type"

Edited by: John Hawkins on Jan 15, 2009 2:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you so much for the details provided.

In my system "WS STANDARD TRAu201D is assigned to my shipment type in Assign Event Group however still the dates and times are getting copied from delivery to the shipment document in Planning side. How it is possible?

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

This is difficult without seeing your config...

> In my system "WS STANDARD TRAu201D is assigned to my shipment type in Assign Event Group however still the dates and times are getting copied from delivery to the shipment document in Planning side. How it is possible?

Let's first look at how WS STANDARD TRA is configured in your system because it sounds like aomething may have changed. Please go to config Logistics Execution > Transportation > Basic Transportation Functions > Shipping Deadlines > Create Event Groups and identify the config settings in your system for the following:

Time Segment procedures:

>Template:

>Template Alias: WS STANDARD TRA

>Event View:

>Deadl. hdr. obj.:

>Project ID:

Deadline Events (May be more than one):

>Template: WS STANDARD TRA

>Trans. Type:

>Sort Seq.:

>Optional Trans:

>Ind. Inactive:

Once you identify this, I will try to walk you through the next step the best that I can without seeing your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Good Morning! I should really appreciate your interest showing towards solving my issue.

Template: WSHDRSTDTR

Template Alias: WS STANDARD TRA

Event View: STD

Deadl. hdr. obj.: WS TIMES VTTK

Project ID: WS HEADER TIMES

Deadline Events

Template: WS STANDARD TRA

Trans. Type: WS TRANSPORT FREE

Sort Seq.: 200

Optional Trans: Checked

Ind. Inactive: Unchecked

Please find the above details. Let me know if you require any other config. details?

Edited by: Victor Collins on Jan 16, 2009 4:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, next please identify the config in your system for the following:

Logistics Execution > Transportation > Basic Transportation Functions > Shipping Deadlines > Maintain Deadlines and Events

Regional Locations (May be more than one):

> Time location:

> Location Alias:

> Project ID: WS HEADER TIMES

> Text:

Times:

> Logical Time:

> Log. time alias (shiould match above Location Alias):

> Data Element Docu:

Time Mapping IL:

> Logical Time: WS TIMES VTTK

> Version Type:

> Deadl. hdr. obj:

> Data Field

> Time Field:

> Time Stamp fld:

Worth a shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time Location Location Alias Project ID Text

WSHDRSHIPP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES; Shipping point

WSHDRSHIPT; WS SHIPTO LOC; WS HEADER TIMES; Ship-to party

WSHDRSYST; WS SYSTEM LOC; WS HEADER TIMES; Location of system (DB server)

WSHDRUSER; WS USER LOC; WS HEADER TIMES; Location of user

Times:

Logical Time Log. Time alias Time Location DE Docu Project ID

WSARRI; WS ARRIVAL FREE; WS SHIPTO LOC; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSCUSTOM; WSCUSTOM; WS SHIPTO LOC; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDR0001; WS FREE 0001 LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDR0002; WS FREE 0002 LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRKODAT; WS PICKING LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRLDDAT; WS LOADING LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRLFDAT; WS DELIVERY LIKP; WS SHIPTO LOC; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRMBDAT; WS MATERIAL AV. LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRTDDAT; WS TRANSP DISP LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRTRACK; WS TRACKING LIKP; WS SHIPTO LOC; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSHDRWADAT; WS GOODS ISSUE LIKP; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSLABELBEG; WS LABELLING BEGIN; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSLABELEND; WS LABELLING END; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSLOADBEG; WS LOADING BEG FREE; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSLOADEND; WS LOADING END FREE; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSTRANBEG; WS TRANSPO BEG FREE; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

WSTRANEND; WS TRANSPO END FREE; WS SHIP.POINT; WS HEADER TIMES;

Data element documentation (DE Docu) column is blank.

Time Mapping IL:

Logical Time Version Type Deadl. hdr. obj: Data Field Time Field: Time Stamp fld: Project ID:

WS LOADING LIKP; Plan; WS TIMES LIKP; LDDAT ; LDUHR ; WS HEADER TIMES;

WS DELIVERY LIKP; Plan; WS TIMES LIKP; LFDAT; LFUHR; WS HEADER TIMES;

WS MATERIAL AV. LIKP; Plan; WS TIMES LIKP; KODAT; KOUHR; WS HEADER TIMES;

WS GOODS ISSUE LIKP; Plan; WS TIMES LIKP; WADAT; WAUHR; WS HEADER TIMES;

Time Stamp fld column is blank.

I have entered the data clearly but once i submit data is squeezing and its difficult to view, hence i have seperated field entries with ;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

I'm not sure I can help you any further with this - Sorry. I don't see anything in your config that is causing that

Other places to look include:

The Route configuration - you can define the number of days for scheduling purposes

Deliveries can be assigned to Additional deadlines the same way shipment are.

Or, just try a few experiments in your test system...

Try to create an empty shipment (No deliveries) & click the "Planing" button. If a date automatically populates in the "Planning" side, then take a look at the route used to see if has a pre-set number of days for delivery purposes defined in config

Try doing this WITH deliveries assigned & change the Delivery dates to see if it has any affects.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any further assistance than that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I can understand how difficult it is to analyze my system config data from there.

As you said I created an empty shipment (no deliveries) hit the u201Cplanningu201D button no data is automatically populated in the u201Cplanningu201D side. All the fields in u201Cplanningu201D side are blank. Can we conclude anything by doing this?

Once again I appreciate your time and patience. If you think I am not expecting too much I would request you to update your email.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to see if the delivery is assigned to a scheduling group (the same way you checked for shipment) using menu path Logistics Execution > Shipping > Basic Shipping Functions > Scheduling

The dates are definately coming from your delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I researched on the tips you have provided. I got good exposure.

I would like to know is there any analytical tool is Sap to track like

Eg: the difference between load start and load end to see where we are falling behind in our loading.

Like any such reporting tools.

What is out there for analytical reporting that we can use for tracking shipments.

I would be glad if you can provide this information by using all your expertise.

Thanks,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I researched on the tips you have provided. I got good exposure.

I would like to know is there any analytical tool is Sap to track like

Eg: the difference between load start and load end to see where we are falling behind in our loading.

Like any such reporting tools.

What is out there for analytical reporting that we can use for tracking shipments.

I would be glad if you can provide this information by using all your expertise.

Thanks,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

I don't know much about the analytics part

Try looking through the available Standard Analysys transactions to see if any meet your needs (Tcodes MCUA through MCUF, MCY0, & MCU3)

Also, if that doesn't do it, consider using LIS & create update rules (IMG: Logistics - General > Logistics Information System (LIS)) Update group 40 is available for Outgoing Shipments & 41 is available for Incoming Shipments.

Beyond that, consider having a developer program a custom report.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your inputs.

If require I seek some more information from you related to the shipment.

Thank you so much.

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Nothing comes up when I run T code u2013 MCUE but it seems the closest to what we are looking for.

I guess the corresponding info structures might not been active. Please provide the details how to activate and run the T-code: MCUE.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

With all your inputs I have activated LIS successfully into my system. I would like to know how I can retrieve the PAST data. Through forums I got to know after LIS activation with the help of running some standard reports we can retrieve the past data the time where LIS has not been activated in the system. I would request you to provide some tips on the same.

I am looking exclusively for Outgoing Shipments related. I appreciate your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Edited by: Victor Collins on Feb 2, 2009 4:01 PM

Edited by: Victor Collins on Feb 2, 2009 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

Sorry, but I do not have any experience with getting PAST data in LIS. I suggest you open a NEW thread for that topic so that others may be able to give you the help you need.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok John. Once again I appreciate for all your efforts.

Thank you so much...

Answers (0)