cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS config - for File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring FTPS for a remote server in Italy.

In the file adapter, the FTPS config is asking for the privatekey and the X.509 certificate.

Generally, when there is a secured comm, the recipient does not share his private key. I am a little bit confused here.

Did anyone do this.

Any helpful links would be appreciated.

P.S: FTPS is different from SFTP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set as Ans for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check out the following blog on SSL :

/people/aniket.tare/blog/2005/03/22/ssl-certificate-installation-procedure-for-sap-j2ee-engine-630-150-steps-in-visual-administrator

It may be useful to you.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I checked more about the setting.

I think it's not about private key. The two fields Keystore and X.509 Certificata and private key are used to locate the client certificate. I haven't configured FTPS or keystore. But I guess under one keystore you can install many certificates. Thus these two fields are used to locate the certificate of the FTP client (PI).

Not sure if this is correct.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I did some investigation into FTPS before, but haven't really configured such scenario.

Theoritically what you need to do with FTPS is:

u2022 Deploy SAP Java Cryptographic Toolkit to PI

u2022 Install CA certificate used to sign the server certificate to the TrustedCAs keystore view.

I am also confused why private key is needed. However the field is X.509 client certificate and private key, maybe it's sufficient to enter the X.509 certificate.

Jayson