Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial Invoice and Stock Transport Order

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client is using stock transport orders which sometimes results in cross border goods movement. I am not able to find any functionality for creating commercial invoices to be used for these types of shipping.

Any ideas?

rgds

GAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gar,

Usually when there is a crossing of borders, it is a movement between 2 different companies code, therefore the intercompany purchase is the usual flow.

If you mean that the flow is between plants of the same company code between different countries, maybe you are talking about "Plants abroad" functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/34/60b1a0ae724effe10000009b38f91f/content.htm

Previously, the plants of a company code had to belong to the country of that company code.

As of Release 4.0A, it is possible to deviate from this rule for European company codes with European plants.

I never had to use this functionality at a customer site, but that sounds like your requirement

Also allows internal billing document for intrastat reporting, so feel free to evaluate!

Best Regards

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Consultant

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The scenario is a bit special. This client uses storage locations to represent their vendors and stock transport orders between these storage locations to move goods.

This means that the transfer is between storage locations belonging to the same plant, but as they represent vendors, they can be in different contries and due to that, they need a commercial invoice.

rgds

GAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GAR,

This is a very creative implementation, maybe too much creativity indeed

Why do you need to register movements between vendors?

Is it a subcontracting scenario?

If you represent the vendors as ... vendors (or maybe plants), will it solve the problem?

Regards,

Franck

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, this is subcontracting.

It is not an option to change the way this process is done as it is an exisiting solution which has been live for year.

So I am stuck with the problem to find a way to create a commercial invoice for this.

rgds.

GAR

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

Thanks very much for the link I'm also very interested in it!

(sorrowfully I cannot give points:) )

Hi Gar,

During subcontracting the components' ownership won't change. What is the role / purpose of commercial invoice in this process? Is a commercial invoice acceptable / legal w/o any real business behind it?

If there's no legal requirement (and I would wonder if there was such requirement), maybe you should reconsider the current practice.

Or if it is a country specific requirement maybe you can find an OSS note for it.

As I know proforma invoice is possible in case of "NL" delivery type, isn't it an acceptable document for border-crossing?

(I was just browsing on the forum using "STO" & "intra company" & "invoice" keywords...)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 17, 2009 10:15 PM

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need the invoice to be shipped together with the goods in the truck to show the value of the goods in the customs.

I tried pro forma, but as there is no payer, I could not do it.

rgds

GAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gar,

I agree with Csaba, the pro-forma invoice from the NL delivery seems the way to go.

Never had to do a pro-forma invoice from that kind of delivery, but it's "pro-forma" (no accounting) so you are allowed to be creative!

Sure you don't have any payer, but you can use the ship-to-party from the NL delivery as a payer. Maybe SAP system will complain a little bit, but nothing that can't be done IMHO.

You might want to define a special billing document (copy the standard F8 : delivery-related pro forma invoice), so you can have special rules / exits based on the billing document type, to get this very special configuration working.

Regards,

Franck