cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing document date and accounting document date varying...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is one billing document and the date of invoice is, say today, 12/01/2009. and the accounting document date is, say 15 days ahead or behind, 27/01/2009.however, the posting date is proper and according to the billing date and that is again dated today-12/01/209. Now, the user wants to know why the difference exists between the accounting document date and the billing date. any idea? there are some user exits being used but I cant make out, neither the abaper. suggestions please.

Regards,

N.Raja Sekhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja Sekhar

Document date is nothing but the date on which that particular transaction has taken place. But I dont know where you get the date as 27-01-2009.

It is a general practice that for exports billing document, there would be a Posting block and once the exporter receives the B/L, based on that date, the billing document would be released manually. For this, there is an user exit to input the B/L number and date and release the billing document.

So here, what the end users normally does is that the B/L Date might be on 02-01-2009 but he would not have updated on the same date. At a later date, say on 12-01-2009, he can input the B/L Date (in another words, it is Posting date) as 02-01-09 and execute the billing document.

If you see the accounting document here, the posting date would have been 02-01-2009 but the document date would be 12-01-09.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

This is the problem for all the billing documents.not just for one. So what is the next step I may take in this?

Regards,

N.Raja Sekhar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja Sekhar

Can you please let me know whatever I said above is correct and is happening at your side ?? If so and you want to control predating the posting date, then you have to go for user exit or add this logic in your existing routine.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

They are having some user exits, but do not know which of the existing ones are suitable for them. The thing is, posting date is in the present and the billing date is in the present, accouting document date is in the future. sorry, I think I confused you. I would clearly give the dates

billing document date is on 29/10/08.accounting document date is 03/11/2008, posting date is again 29/10/2008. the problem is with the accounting document date. I think now I am clear in my description of the issue. any suggestions please.

Regards,

Raj