cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Space problem in Adobe Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In my Adobe form, One field has to be displayed based on a condition. So, for that field, in Context tab, condition is specified and its working also i.e. It condition is true then data is not displayed in the layout but I find the blank space for it. I dont want that blank space to be displayed.

Example:

In layout, address is in format as shown below.

Name

Street

City

Region

Postal code

Country

Here, I have a condition that, Region field should not be displayed only for Material eq '123' i.e. same address has to be printed as shown below.

Name

Street

City

Postal code

Country

But, If I give condition then address is shown as below.

Name

Street

City

-

>Here, am getting empty space & I dont need this blank space to there in the layout.

Postal code

Country

So, Can anyone please help me for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Usha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your query resolved? If yes then pls update the thread accordingly....

Swar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could solve the Problem without putting any conditions in the Layout as just make a Subform including all the fields you have mentioned and Subform Position should be TOP TO BOTTOM . Also in LAYOUT Tab set the Height as Autofit then by default whenever any field is not having any values then Space would be removed and the Next Field in the Que will move up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

1. Remove the Condition from you Context tab.

2. In the Driver Program check for the condition and fill the value in the internal table which is passed to

the adobe form.

3. Make the subform (under which the field is added in the hierarchy view) as flowed.

4. In the script editor, Select the 'javascript' and write the script to hide the form field specifying the condition here.

for e.g

if (xfa.form.FORM.SUB_FORM.matnr == "123") {

xfa.form.FORM.SUB_FORM.Region = "hidden";

}

NOTE: Javascript is Case sensitive and stops working immediately after the line of code where an error occurs.

Hope this proves to be useful.

Thanks,

Swar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Subform as flowed .

Thanks.

UmaS.

joginder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont have much idea about adobe,But trying to provide you some suggestion.

If it is possible to keep a condition to check whether the value is empty or not before display ,so that it will not leave a empty space thr.

If not then in a drive program fill the internal table with adress such as name is first row ,street in second row ..so on. And loop the table n display on adobe.

Hope my suggestion give you some hint to resolve your issue.

Cheers

Joginder

Edited by: Joginder on Jan 12, 2009 4:40 PM