Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Sum program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can we run the checksum program ( .exe file) from the SAP.Our SAP sever is on unix and this check sum program run only on Dos.

Can anyone help to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replay,

MD5SUM is program or T.code?

How we can use this 'MD5SUM' , can you please explain clearly.

My requirement is , i have one ABAP program this program reads the data from application server and creates the file in the FTP server, now my requirement is i want to call one checksum program from SAP program to encrypt the file stored in FTP server.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use

md5sum

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replay,

How we can use this 'MD5SUM' , can you please explain clearly.

My requirement is , i have one ABAP program this program reads the data from application server and creates the file in the FTP server, now my requirement is i want to call one checksum program from SAP program to encrypt the file stored in FTP server.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

It is a program available on various Unix flavors.

encrypt? No.

MD5 is a hash algorithm, it´s used to create a unique hash for a file (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum). If the file is modified at some point it will create a different hash.

md5sum is not used to "encrypt" something.

Markus