cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing out need to send customer via E-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client want to send billing document output to customer via e-mail. now what they are doing they are taking printouts and courier to customers. Instead of sending it they want to send email to their customers. If it is possible Please let me know the steps how to setup this. and end customer do not have the SAP.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 months

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

If the payer wants to receive the copy through E-mail then while maintaining the condition record in VV31 give the payer name/number and then give the Transmission Medium as "5.External send".and then give the printing parameters also.

But also make sure that you have maintained the customer E-mail id in CMR

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all please mention the E-mail to whom you want to send in your customer master.

Go to T.Code VV31

Enter your output type and enter the correct combination.

Select Medium as "5.External send".

Date/Tme as option "4.Send immediately(when saving the application)".

In the communication tab also maintain the same E-mail id.

In further data tab select the despatch time as option "4.Send /immediately".

Save.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in communication method , there is no email field.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

In communication method you will get a small icon box on the top , you can check , just click on that icon box then automatically system will ask to maintain the mail id and the transmission medium( External Mail)

and then save it

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinath,

i have already maintained output type for print out , can i change to external mail from printoutput

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

First of all make sure that the access sequence is Billing type/payer. for your output type

Now make sure that if you have already maintained condition record VV31 for that payer with Print out then in VV32 change it to External Mail for that payer . and give the mail id and save it Then you can send the output through mail .

As you said only that customer needs the output copy through E-mail .So for other customers you can maintain the transmission medium as 1-Print out only.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shrinath,

As you said only that customer needs the output copy through E-mail .So for other customers you can maintain the transmission medium as 1-Print out only.

for above i didn't understand, if i maintained transmission medium as 1- print how can custeomr recieve the email.

and one more point where i have to give the payer email id in vv32

plz give me ur mail id

Reagads

venkat

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat

I hope i am not clear to you , say you have around 100 customers and out of 100 customers only 1 customer needs print copy through mail so in VV32 change the transmission medium (5-external mail) for that customer.But for other customers make sure that the transmission medium is print out only.

Now go to Communication method , on the top you can see a small icon , just click that icon then you can enter the customers e-mail address and the transmission medium as (5-external mail). Now you can save that condition record

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shrinath,

finally i recieved the email which i have tested in dev. thaks for guidance

Presently my client using combination of sales org/dist chan/billingtype/cust grp.for printouts.

is the same combunatio can i use or different combination i have tomake?

and also in vv32 i couldn't find any email id option to give tcustoemr email.

regards

venkat

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

As far as the key combination you are telling , it is better to maintain the key combination of Billing type/payer/cust grp . Instead of maintaining of sales org/dist chan/billingtype/cust grp. for printouts

So as you are maintaining the key combination of sales org/dist chan/billing type/cust grp as per your clients requirement then there is no problem and you can use the same key combination for other billing output types also . if you want to maintain

It would be good if you be more clear that if your problem is solved or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinath,

Your adivice is apprecetive , can you give me your email id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinath,

Just i want to explain what i did settings in system to set email copy to send customer.

My client using 4 output types , in that medium included printout,fax and edi.

Now their requirement is email copy want to send to customer rather than fax,post.

So what am doing i have included external send option in that output types .and assigning program ,smartform to external send.

Is it correct what i did or do i need to create new output for the mail?

and you have told that email field( to give the customer email address) is available in vv32, i couldn't find where it is

and what else setting i need to maintain. plz adivce.

and aprt form that there is one more option if u go vf03 give the billing document and go to issue out put , choose the print preview and go to text which is placed at top right side and click on that option there send mail option available. can we make active that option since it is showing in gray mode.

Reagards

venkat