cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not seen in SMD inspite of being present in SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have upgraded a system 2 months back.While setting the SMD for the managing system ,found that the landscape management (in SMD) is not updated with the right version of the system,so deleted it from there.

Further continued to Diagnostics setup-managed systems-setup wizard; but here i didnt find my system for which the SMD should be set up.I have installed the SMD agents they are up and running.

Also checked the system in SMSY,found that there is discrepancy with the system in " LOGICAL COMPONENTS" and corrected the right version there.

I ran the SMD wizard for the managing system i.e SMD upgrade ,also ran the upgrader expecting that the SMD will pull the system data from SMSY,but nothing of sought has happened.

Note 1113137 - Outdated Solution in Solution Manager Diagnostics ,isnt relevant to my case.

Also i understand that using tcode SMDIAG_WIZARD isnt relevant for my case ,we have solman 7.0 sp stack level 17.

Could any one please let me know how can i have the system in SMD

i.e. how to restart the soltuion setup and relaod the landscape.

Regards,

Sunanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your managed system based on NetWeaver 7.00 SR3?

Also Please do a Self Check Diagnostics Administration --> Diagnostics System --> Self Check, post the results here.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Managed system is Netweaver 7.00 SR2 ,i did run the self check and in the results i dont even have my system any where.

I could see the managed system only in agent adminsitration and in diagnostics setup -trouble shooting -setup (here i can see the server names of the managed systems.

I didnt yet run the Daignostics setup wizard .

Regards,

Sunanda

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check log file SMD_Agents.log found under Diagnostics Administration --> Managed System. Post here aswell.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below the logs which i got from

Diagnostics Administration-Manged system- Agent administration -Agnet log viewer

Agent: <no server na,e> xxxxxxx.xxx.com

Log Location:SMDAgentApplication.0.log

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[SMDAgentAppLog]/>

<!PATTERN[SMDAgentApplication.log]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%t] %10s %m)]/>

<!ENCODING[ISO8859_1]/>

<!FILESET[0, 10, 1000000]/>

<!PREVIOUSFILE[SMDAgentApplication.9.log]/>

<!NEXTFILE[SMDAgentApplication.1.log]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

Jan 8, 2009 10:15:44 AM [Thread[Thread-6,5,main]] Warning CAPatchInstaller_78317831: Patching Component Analyzer [/usr/sap/SMD/J91/component_analyzer] with [/usr/sap/SMD/J91/SMDAgent/applications/com.sap.smd.agent.application.datacollector_7.0017.20081029140742.0000/patch/CA_7.00.17.2.20081029142003.patch.zip]

Similarly i have logs for the other two virtaula servers too.

Please note that only the SMD agents have been installed and the SMD setz wizardisnt yet performed ,as the system is missing form the list .

Kindly advise

Thanks and Regards,

Sunanda

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This log is not helpful.

You should see more log files there. Please post them.

I don't have a system with me now to tell you exactly.

-=-Ragu