cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain master data with 3 different IS components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We have got 5 companies and we are implementing SAP with 3 IS components.

1) We are implementing IS-EC&O (DIMP).

2) Implementing IS-DBM (Dealership Business Management system)

3) We have IS-Real Estate.

The companies will have shared services such as HR, group Procurement and Finance, This functionality will reside on a main ECC 6.0 system.

Can someone explain:

1- How and where would master records reside?

2- How are the various databases will communicate?

3- Can all the 4 above systems share a single database?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The companies will have shared services such as HR, group Procurement and Finance, This functionality will reside on a main ECC 6.0 system.

Can someone explain:

1- How and where would master records reside?

On the master ERP 6.0? on an MDM server? there are various possibilities.

2- How are the various databases will communicate?

The databases won´t communicated but the systems on top.

3- Can all the 4 above systems share a single database?

They can share the same database software using MCOD (http://service.sap.com/mcod) - with all pros and cons but you will need to have the same master data in all instances though.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus

Thank you for your valuable reply.

Do you mean to say that all master records will exist in all databases equally. If so, How can we ensure that if a NEW customer or NEW ITEM is added, this is synchronized in all databases?

Our companies are geographically distant.

Would your suggestion ensure minimum network traffic?

Are there any other hidden issues I need to consider?

Best Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said - there are various approaches:

- ALE/IDOC - each time a new master data entry is triggered an IDOC is created and if properly configured sent to the other systems

- MDM - separate product, separate license but more possibilities

Both approaches imply that all master data records are created on your master system only and then distributed across the other systems.

Your setup is pretty challenging - I suggest you get a local Basis consultant on site and discuss with him what would be the best way to go.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus

We have three different IS components and all IS components activate some tables and control files within its database. Now our main ECC core system might not have this IS components activated, Then how to proceed with the integration part.

How can I bring the master data from three different IS components which are different from each other on to the central system.

I request you to please suggest me the procedure according to the IS components.

Thanks

Best Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have three different IS components and all IS components activate some tables and control files within its database. Now our main ECC core system might not have this IS components activated, Then how to proceed with the integration part.

How can I bring the master data from three different IS components which are different from each other on to the central system

There is no easy answer for this.

The main data shared may be distributed but the data specific to the IS component will need to maintained on those systems.

I request you to please suggest me the procedure according to the IS components.

I suggest(ed) to get a Basis consultant on-site and discuss that topic with him. It´s too complex to give an answer here.

Markus