Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block the authorization in QM results recording

0 Kudos

Hi All...

I am a QM consultant ...Have some problem reg authorization...

we have 2 level of authorization in QM module.

Where 1st level is only allowed to record the results, they should not be allowed reopen the closed results and edit the result. This we tried to do by using the result record status (Tcode for results recording QE01). but not able to restrict the users. the thing is when user enter the result and after doing the valuaiton & closing the status becomes - 5. after that the user should not be allowed to reopen means status - 2. How to do it???

Please share some inputs....

srini

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to modify the users authorizations for the object Q_CHAR_PRC Recording Authorization for Insp. Results in an Operation.

Here there are two fields one is for the initial status (old) QESTATOLD the other one is for the final status (new) QESTATNEW.

You can have value 2 in the old and 5 in the new. If the user also has 2 in new and 5 in old then he will be able to set back else not.

The remaining fields plant and workcenter can be maintained as per your org definition.

0 Kudos

Hi Iyer,

Thanx for ur speedy reply..... I tried it but after maintaining old-2 & new-5, then also it is allowing to reopen .

does some where else needs to be done... what n all to be done???

please respond...

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

For the inspector to valuate the result he needs authorization of value 3 for QESTATNEW, for closing he needs value 5 for QESTATNEW and for putting in process he needs value 2 for QESTATNEW.

Similarly, the initial status should be 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 for successfully completing the operation.

Say, if the he does not have 3 for QESTATNEW then the valuate button (balance) will be disabled so he wont be able to change the status of the characteristic to 3.

If he does not have 5 for QESTATNEW then the close button (closed lock) will be disabled so he wont be able to change the status to 5.

If he does not have 2 for QESTATNEW then the put in process button (open lock) will be disabled so he wont be able to change status of the characteristic back to 2.

I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Am new to giving authorization. I followed your instructions and removed from "2" from QESTANEW. But when I tried to post results, it says " the functions cannot be carried out". It doesn't allow me to record the results.

Will be glad if you can help me in any way

With Regards,

Balasundaram.R