cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the TAX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gems,

I am new to SD. Except 'TAX CONFIGURATION', I did the all the required settings to create a sales order. Because of this missing TAX configuration, it is failing to create the SO.

Can anyone tell me the T-code to configure the TAX?

Surajit.

Edited by: Surajit Kumar Moi on Jan 12, 2009 10:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surajit,

Tax will be determined based on the Country,Region of the ship to party ,Shipping point , Plant , Customer Tax classification, Material Tax classification.

Based on this combination we maintain the MWST Condition records with tax code, then system will determint the taxes.

Here is complete process for tax determination.

You specify the valid tax types in transaction OVK1. More than one tax type can be defined for a country by defining the sequence.

The SAP System determines the taxes automatically within pricing.

In the standard SAP R/3 System, the elements of tax calculation are predefined (for example, tax condition type "MWST" for taxes on sales and purchases).

Assign the plant for Tax Determination in OX10, using the country key, the SAP System recognizes which tax type is valid for a plant and thus which taxes are relevant when creating an SD document.

Define the Customer Taxes in OVK3, you will maintain the tax code in Customer Master.

Define the Material Taxes in OVK4, which will then be maintain in Material Master.

For example :-

MWST GST 0 Tax Exempt

MWST GST 1 Liable for Taxes

Now, you define the Tax Determination in VK12.

VK12 - Domestic Taxes/Export Taxes

Condition Type MWST

Customer Taxes Material Taxes Rate Taxes

0 0 0 %

0 1 0 %

1 0 0 %

1 1 9 %

In this example, if both the Customer Master and Material Master Tax code is 1, Tax will be included when you create the Sales Order.

Tax Code in Customer Master / Sales Order

How can we maintain the Tax Code (Tax code - which we maintain in MWST Condtion Records) in Customer Master or in Sales Order?

There are few points which I would like to remind you:

1) MWST is a tax condition which is applied to customer to whom we are selling. The rate of tax is depend on various parameteres, whether is fully liable for tax or expemted (in case of Defence Customer)

2) There are few parameteres which we apply tax condition. Whether customer is tax liable? Whether material is tax exempted?

For example, if you are selling a goods which are free for tax to any customer, put the Tax Indicator (at MMR as '0'). If your

material is tax liable pur the Tax Indicator (at MMR as 1). If your customer is not liable for tax at all (like the case of Indian

Defence organisations) put the Tax Indicator (at CMR as 0) or 1 in case fully tax liable.

3) Now, at VK11 you need to mainatain your pricning conditions with all the combinations like:

1 0

1 1

0 1

0 0

4) While maintaining your Material Master Records or Cusotmer Master Records, you must identify, which are tax liable and which are tax exempeted.

Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks subhasis,

Let me try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhasish,

I tried whatever u suggest. But in VA01 it is giving an error message called "no condition record found for MWSTcondition".

please tell me how to resolve this problem.

surajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surajit

Did you maintain your Tax condition types in FTXP?After maintaining the tax rate there then you create condition record in VK11 for MWST condition type.

Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhasish,

I did everything that you told. Now it is taking tax related data in VA01. When i am trying to save the sales order, i am geting short dump. see the message below.

"Various transfer error occurs when transferring SAP sales order to CRM or tere is no status update or the status update has errors when transferring from CRM to the SAP system. This ia caused by an incorrect entry for the CRM release in the SAP table CRMPAROLTP, or no entry is maintained at all."

Can you please advise me how to resolve??

-surajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Surajit

Check these links

[Sales Tax |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/37/048c3c4dd23678e10000000a114027/frameset.htm]

[Define Tax Relevancy of Master Records |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9c/a6c2146b4b11d395b200a0c929f4c9/frameset.htm]

[Maintaining SD Condition Records|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/af/3f89d79e6711d395da00a0c929f4c9/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi