cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - Graphical mapping editor and Segment Count

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to be able to determine the number of segments that make up a message in this case EDIFACT.

The segment count gets written to the UNT segment field D_0074.

Does anyone have an idea on ther best approach to this and if so can you supply an example?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Use this mapping:

Segment --> removeContext --> index:start with 1, increment with one, context --> sort:numerical descending --> copyValue: 0 --> D_0074.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dspboys

Do you do this against each relevant segment ie UNB, NAD,FTX etc. till UNT

Thanks

Mark

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

This source segment will be the relevant segment from source structure for which you want to have the count.

Thanks!

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In our case, the counting or the filling up of the UNT segment is automatically done by SeeBurger. The counting starts from UNB, then it should end one line before UNT. When the total number of segments does not equal UNT, SeeBurger will produce an error.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can also use Seeburger - can you tell me how you do it?

Thanks

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid I do not have the proper documentation using SeeBurger, basically the steps are:

1. Do the IR, then ID configurations first.

2. Open the SeeBurger WorkBench

a. Configure Message Splitter First

b. Make Sure that the EDI Mapping that you will be using has been uploaded in SeeBurger e.g (E2X --> flat to XML or X2E --> XML to flat)

c. Configure Mapping Variables (Mapping) - this is where you set the sender and receiver ILN as well as the sender and receiver Q

d. Configure Mapping Variables (Counter) - this is where the counter for UNT, Interchange Reference Number are configured.

3. You are now ready to test your configuration

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses - this is now resolved. I have awarded points accordingly.

Regards

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The segment count gets written to the UNT segment field D_0074.

This can be achieved using Count function from statistics group

Source Segment(set context to root)->Count-> target field