cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple errors by the WD framework for a single field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am encountering a Problem through WD validation for a single field.

when I try to put negative value in this field,

the expected behaviour should be that i must get a single error but the actual behaviour is I am getting multiple errors for that single field. I have not validated this field instead its been taken care by the

Webdynpro Framework.

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

yes if i correct that one, all the ,essages will go.

Regards,

Sahil

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the type of attribute you are using, as some types dont allow negative values.

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

The type I have used is for sure doesnot allow negative values and therefore should give me an error

as it is a single field but instead its giving me multiple errors for the same field by the WD framework.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sahil

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

put a message area where you want to show the error, and set its property, which states maximum msgs you can display in message area, to 1.

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Data types checks are exeuted by WD Framework, so your data is checked agains the data types assigned to it. possible error:

1) the data elements can be used as data types, so you might be getting multiple error becoz you might be using same data element at different places. so check and try to put some dataelement whcih support negative value.

2) Message handling of WD in such way sometimes it shows multiple message for same error, so message area contians various messages although you might be having single error.

to suggest more answer, i need info like:

if you remove the error at that one field, does all message go off?

Thanks

Manish