cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing one connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens if multiple clients try to use one connection at the same time? Is it possible to get an error? I have tried two client. One client called an RFC function and this function takes 30 seconds. While this client's work is going on, I have tried with another client. And Second client did not get an error. But Second client's work is not completed instantly. Second client waited about 30 seconds. So, I think that if a connection is used by a client, next client that wants to do something with this connection will wait until connection is free. Is this true? Is there any thresholding such as one connection can be shared or waited by X number clients?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot share connections. Trying to do so would cause any kind of garbage on the wire. To prevent this we have sever lock(connection {} blocks on the citical parts in the code. This serializes the calls and causes the behavior you are experiencing. Anyway, you should not do it. Better use the connection pool and the connection limitation features.