Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Control

former_member720137
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement wherein we want to have year scrolling , currently we have implemented a freely programmable help.

In ABAP calender control , we can change the year directly. Can we implement ABAP calender control ( class CL_GUI_CALENDAR ) in WebDynpro ABAP?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> In ABAP calender control , we can change the year directly. Can we implement ABAP calender control ( class CL_GUI_CALENDAR ) in WebDynpro ABAP?

>

> Thanks

You can not use any of the CL_GUI_* classes within Web Dynpro ABAP. They are designed for the SAPGUI and use a completely different technology.

I also suggest using the DateNavigator. There is a property of the dateNavigator called startsWith. You can set the starting date. You can build some controls and logic around the dateNavigator to allow people to jump to a certain year by setting the startsWith property.

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming Thomas...

Puneet and i are working in same project for same thing.... we tried drop down UI element but it is not acceptable to client... please suggest a better way....

regards

Pranav

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You just need some UI element that lets you choose the field - input, ddlb, etc. Why is the DDLB not acceptable? Perhaps an input field would be better becuase it would allow for easier direct input of the year?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi puneet,

Refer the standard webdynpro component : WDR_TEST_EVENTS --> check the view date navigator.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you tried date_navigator elements provided by standard WD.

i hope it have all the feature whcih a calender should have.

Regards

Manish

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

>

> have you tried date_navigator elements provided by standard WD.

> i hope it have all the feature whcih a calender should have.

>

>

Is there any way by which we can directly changet the year in date navigator... like current year is 2009 and if i want to go to say 2050, i have to pass through all the months... is there any way i can directly change the year, as a user.......

regards

Pranav

former_member720137
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have used Date Navigator but it doesnt allow to change the year ( say e.g from 2000 to 1984 ).