cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Export \ import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have no idea to client export and import on Linux server. Our system configuration is

OS - Linux x86_64

Database- MaxDB (7.6.04.012)

Component ver. - SAP ECC6.0(Unicode)

I want to know what is the procudure of client copy(Export\Import). My database size is 145 GB. If possible then also let me know the what will the size of database after export client so that i can manage space on qas server.Please give me the full documentation or step if possible .

thanx in advance

regards,

Jayant

Edited by: Jayant Kr. Sharma on Jan 12, 2009 4:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea to client export and import on Linux server.

The SDN forum might give you hints or tips&tricks for basic problems. The client export and import procedure is not an easy task, especially if you have no idea of it! Please check help.sap.com for documentation or visit an SAP training nearby your location.

Thanks,

Hannes

PS: locking thread ...

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See [Client Copy and Transport|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm] for further info. The size of the export would depend on the copy profile you select. If QAS system is same as PRD then it may be better to perform a system copy using backup/restore method.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client Import/Export

Have to take some measures before doing this activity,

1. Delete the old client in QAS, if you dont have enough space.

(Check with testing if they leave any scenarios without testing)

2. Exact size of the export request will be 1/8 or 1/10th of database size, copy the request the QAS and start the import.

3. Can use tcode SCC1 to export the client.

Hope it helps

Regards

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Can we overwrite the Client because we wants to continue with the old user which are present in QAS server. we wants to export SAP_CUST only not user of PRD server.

So Please give the steps which I have to fallow. Or sap note no.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done, but should have some free storage space during importing.

Whatever customizing done will get lost except the username.

Regards

KT