cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Usage Dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I learning SAP XI on my own. I reading up about SLD and encountered term Usage Dependencies. I not too sure what it means, I've read help.sap.com but is still a bit lost.

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Michal blog to understand Dependencies in SLD

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help. In addition, i will like to know the difference between Business System and Business Service in the Integration Directory. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you created the Business System then you have to use that business System in the Integration Directory directly.

If you don't have the Business System in SLD then you have to Create the Business Service in the ID itself and assign the Inbound/Outbound interfaces to Business Serivce.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can i say that Business Systems is used when the system u want to connect to is within the company's system landscape ( A2A ).

Business Service is used when external services is connecting to XI. ( B2B ).

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Thanks for the reply.

>

> Can i say that Business Systems is used when the system u want to connect to is within the company's system landscape ( A2A ).

>

> Business Service is used when external services is connecting to XI. ( B2B ).

yes. That would be a correct statement. Also Business systems always find an entry in the SLD, but business services are abstract and have no entry in the SLD.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from Usage dependencies mentioned above, the connection to the SLD is a vital part of PI during development as well as during runtime. Among other things, a working connection to the SLD is needed to:

a. Import software component versions to the Enterprise Services Repository

b. Assign business systems in the Integration Directory

c. Provide input help for interfaces in the Integration Directory

d. Send messages from the Adapter Framework to the Integration Server

e. Carry out a cache refresh either from the Integration Directory or the ABAP runtime cache (transaction SXI_CACHE).

Also, at runtime SLD and Xchange Profile takes part to fetch information for various adapters in Adapter Engine and to establish Communication between various components(tools) of PI.

Regards,

Sami.

0 Kudos

can u provid sceen shots for creating and updating Dependensis in SLD

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes Business System is used when System in your Landscape.

Because BS uses information from SLD.

And when System is not in your landscape then create Business Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies.

Another query,

Can i say that the purpose of XI is to expose the various applications in the system landscape as web services? This is to allow the applications to communicate using SOAP and WSDL?

I came across the following statement while reading about Message Type

"Name and namespace must match exactly the root of XML Business documents"

Im not sure what the above means.

Thanks.

Edited by: Yu JUNYI on Jan 14, 2009 3:50 AM