cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer run did not delete Deployment: Release for stk transf. req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know if the "Deployment: Release for stk transf. req" is also the result of the SNP optimizer run? If not, should this be expected to disappear in the system once the optimizer run is finished because this "Deployment: Release for stk transf. req" still exist in the system even after the optimizer run. Is it normal to have this in the system? If not, what are the factors why this still exist in the system? What are the process on how to delete this?

Your expertise will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Now I understand it better. Once you run the deployment, if there is 100 (breakdown > 25, 25, and 50) requirement, the receipt should also be 100. Deployment order "Deployment: Release for stk transf. req" will be generated for this.

Though I still have one more clarifications. I have a stock transport requisition in the system, is this also a result of the deployment run? I have enough stocks at source location but after the deployment run, I have "Deployment: Release for stk transf. req" for 50 and "Stock transport requisition" for 25 and 25. Does this mean that the deployment orders were not generated for all the demands? What factors should be considered so that when the deployment run is finished it will generate deployment orders for all the demands?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Should this deployment order generated (Deployment: Release for stk transf. req is the deployment order) by the Deployment run should have order number (not a dummy number > APO-1)? How will this dummy number be replaced by a real deployment order number?

Is this deletion option be found in the Deployment Optimization Profile? I found the deletion of orders in the integration tab (Do not delete orders and Do not delete deployment stock transfers). Selecting these two options, it means that it will not delete any Deployment: Release for stk transf. req. Therefore, I will always have this in system, right? Not unless the options are not selected, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system generated orders always have a numerical number. This order might have been created by somebody manually. You can find out the creation date/time of the order and may be understand who created it. If that time is at some background job running time...or you can actually see deployment logs in /SAPAPO/SNPAPLOG - Application Logs ...

Here is how to find the creation date/time:

Go to transaction /sapapo/rrp3, enter the planing version, product and DC location numbers and in the product view, enter "gt_io" in the command box ( upper left hand side corner where we enter the transaction codes). This gives you live cache view. Find the row with your order number APO-1 and scroll to the right all the way. You will see creation date/time. Note that the time is in UTC.

The creation date/time can also be seen through transaction /sapapo/OM19.

"Is this deletion option be found in the Deployment Optimization Profile?"

"Selecting these two options, it means that it will not delete any Deployment: Release for stk transf. req."

Yes. If you don't check the indicators the system deletes the existing orders and create new orders in place of it.

If oyu check these, the existing ones are not deleted but as per the ATD, if there is extra amount, the system creates new deployment orders respecting the existing ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

"Deployment: Release for stk transf. req(category EG/EF)" is a deployment order generated by a deployment run and has nothing to SNP optimizer run. SNP optimizer creates planned/purchaser requsitions but does not create/delete deployment orders.

You need to run deployment with a "delete" option to delete and make the system delete the existing deployments and recreate new ones.

Here is the flow.

Lets say you have 1 DC being sourced from 1Plant.

You have a demand of 100PCs.

1. When you run the SNP optimizer, the system looks at the transportation lane, costs etc. Since this is 1 DC 1 Plant, the system just creates a stock transfer order at the plant for 100 PCs.

2. Then you run SNP/PPDS planning run at the plant depending on the SNP planning horizon. Assuming the SNP planning horizon is 0 days (no PPDS run here), the system creates a planned order for the 100PCs (this can be more depending on the lot size).

3. Then you run deployment. The deployment looks at the plant and DC, there is a requirement of 100 PCs and a receipt of 100PCs at the plant.

The system deletes the stock transfer of 100 PCs at the plant and creates a deployment order of 100 PCs at the plant.

A deployment run replaces a stock transfer. But a SNP optimizer run simply creates a planned order at the plant but does not ever change the deployment order.

Hope this answers your question.