cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports XI Release 2 constantly configuring after SP4 installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this issue before and bookmarked it before SAP bought businessobjects and now that solution forum thread no longer exists. But there is some problem with updating the registry when installing sp2 or Sp4 on Crystal Reports XI 2.

After the successfull install of SP4 upon restarting the application I receive the following messages:

"Please wait while windows configures Crystal Reports XI Release 2"

"Server Busy... switch... Retry"

Every time I start Crystal Reports I have to clear these annoying messages before I can use the application. Does anyone on this forum recall how to fix this nagging issue? I recall there is some registry hack to perform that remedies this issue but I don't remember the specifics. Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure if any one tried this, but it worked for me with Xi/R2, SP5 on a Win2003 std server.

the event log showed the following:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Ent\Serial' does not exist.

the entire "CR Ent" key was missing. after adding this key and string value "Serial", I entered my registration code. the configurng process did run one more time but very quickly this time.

the next time I launched Xi it did ask me again for my registration number, but since this point the application starts up just fine.

hope this helps someone else.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Untick Check for updates on Startup from Help option in the menu bar when u launch Crystal Reports Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After losing a hard drive and having to reinstall all of my development tools, I encountered this issue as well. It is absolutely a CR problem in XI and has been there for a LONG time. I have experienced it in the past and had forgot how I originally resolved it. Thanks to John above who talked about checking the Event Log to see what was going on and pointing out the problem with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Ent\Serial. I followed the fix that he outlined and it resolved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely, positively solved the problem. Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We - meaning two seperate systems are experiencing these exact same problems. We just took a class from Crystal Training Source where they asked us to upgrade our XI 11.0 systems to 11.5. We downloaded and ran "Crystal Reports XI release 2 service pack2 - full build" from this site. We are experiencing exactly the same problems where everytime Crystal is executed it tries to reinstall itself.

The systems are running OS's

XP Home SP3

XP Professional SP3

I certainly would appreciate someone from Crystal addressing a solution to this problem or we will need to revery back to 11.0.

lawrence_sall
Explorer
0 Kudos

I too am experiencing the same issue as Denver Frank on XP sp3. in addition everytime I run a VBA developement app I have the CR XI R2 reconfigure fires up. Another app that causes this reconfigure is a .NET application called Prettycode.print for .net.

Since I do not see a resolve here I thought I'd post and hopefully since dec 2009 someone has had a resolve to this, anyone?

Edited by: Lawrence Sall on Mar 31, 2010 3:27 PM

lawrence_sall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well I did find a resolve, simply uninstall XI, clean registry, install XI rel2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We - meaning two seperate systems are experiencing these exact same problems. We just took a class from Crystal Training Source where they asked us to upgrade our XI 11.0 systems to 11.5. We downloaded and ran "Crystal Reports XI release 2 service pack2 - full build" from this site. We are experiencing exactly the same problems where everytime Crystal is executed it tries to reinstall itself.

XP Home SP3

XP Professional SP3

I certainly would appreciate someone from Crystal addressing a solution to this problem or we will need to revery back to 11.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

XP Home SP3

XP Professional SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

Modify the following registry:

Hkey_local_Machine> Business Objects>Suite11.5>crystal reports>DisableCheckForUpdates.

and clear the value.

Regards,

Hitesh Mangtani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the reply, but this definitely does not address/resolve the issue. The problem has nothing to do with update checking which is what that registry key you suggest editing does. It has to do with the installation of the service pack 4 not removing superfluous registry keys that makes the application behave as of if it had never been configured. I just don't remember whick keys to edit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am experiencing the same issues with SP2. Do we have a solution. I have installed this once and all was ok but then had to remove it as I was re-installing my VS2008 environment. Now CR keeps asking to be re-configured.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Jason.