cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Record is Currently used in workflow, version 5.5 SP6 (5.5.63.65)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I am using SRM-MDM 5.5 SP6 (5.5.63.65). I have designed a workflow. Soon I execute manually and launch it, a task get created and disappears. Not able to do any thing as task is not visible.

I see a OSS note - Release note for SR6 Patch3 indicating a fix to the disappearance of the task.

Still we have not applied the patch.

However now the items Checked out, I am not able to check in. Get a message "The Record is Currently used in workflow, version 5.5 SP6 (5.5.63.65)".

I see a solution to such problem by the SDN thread

The solution here indicates, as a last option, to delete the entry in the workflow table.

Can any one help me how to and where to delete the entries.

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help.

I am sure the table delete will resolve the issue.

Still we have not tried the table delete and shall update the thread, soon it is done.

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the quick information.

What I am looking at how to delete the worflow items in Workflow table directly, as per the solution given in the referred to thread.

I need this beacause, the task item under workflow tab has disappeared and have no choice than deleting the item at the table level.

Lookforward for the help.

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to delete the workflow job at table level.

Open the database <RepositoryName>_m000, delete the job by refering Job ID from the following tables in order

1. A2i_Data_12_WFJOB_TEXT

2. A2i_Data_12_WFJOB

3. A2i_Data_12_WFLAUNCH_TEXT

4. A2i_Data_12_WFLAUNCH

After deleting the entries from the above tables, verfiy the same in Data manager i.e. try deleting the record which was throwing an error.

Kindly update us...

regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly update us on your issue so that if some one facing same error can get the solution quickly.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevarao ,

When designing the MDM workflows you need to mention in the properties who is teh owner of the workflow.

The owner of the workflow is allowed to launch the workflow.

After launching the MDM workflow from the owners login. You will be able to see the task being forwarded to the next step user.

The owner has ultimate rights to view the flow of the workflow.

You then need to login as the next user to perform the task.After the user performs his task .It disappears from his list and the owner can view the status of the flow from his login.

If your Records are stuck in the workflow you can do the following:

- Login as the owner of the workflow and search for the task that holds the specified record and then delete iit.

- Login as all possible users of the workflow and check if the workflow has halted with any user and try completing his task till teh end and then delete the workflow.

- Sometimes thsi works - Select the record you wnat to delete and try editing it under the record mode.This will feee the records and allow you to delete it.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard workflow functionality i.e. if the task is assigned to UserA and UserB is launching a workflow then the task will disappear from the UserB's session.

Check who is the owner of the workflow by navigating into Workflows table from Data Manager, select the task and note the Workflow Owner. Now login into the MDM Data Manager with the workflow owner's user credentials and check the workflow tab. you will get the task and the current user of the task, being an owner you can delete the task and it will ask whether to checkin or roll back the record present in the task.

Kindly update us on your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja