cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL and SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a web services scenario like this: Portal (WebSphere) <-> XI <-> IS-U and my difficultly are in WSDL generated from XI.

I explain better: when I have generated this WSDL file with the definition of my message interface, I gave it to the Portal team and they said don’t understanding well the WSDL and how to handling it, because it’s a little bit confused... It means that this file has a complex structure (the structure of XI message type) to load. They told me that which expects is a String with all XML tags that only needs instantiate an object (XML string) and invoke a method on XI to send the message.

My question is: there is a kind of way (API/Method) to change/handle the XML structure generated in WSDL file to string compatible or reverse? This handling is supposed to be made on Portal right?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this blog:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/15/creating-a-web-service-and-consuming-it-in-web-dynpro

Regards

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be clear?

Are you saying that you need to dump only XML to the portal?

Use JAXB API.

Article is also published giving all the details by wipro guys.

try searching using advanced search option of sdn for the same ..search key word CRM /JAXB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya

I’m saying that my message type have a lot of records with many fields to load… and when I generate the wsdl, XI generates a complex structure with all records and fields like my message type. But the portal team is waiting for a XML in a String not a complex structure like wsdl shows… The effort to do something to convert the content of this structure in a string and reverse is too big! So my question is: There is an easy (standard) way to convert the message from XI in a string?

Or the solution is changing (merge) all the fields of message type and put them in one like string type with a length enough (base64binary) to whole XML??? And when the message is pick it up in XI, it makes a file conversion, slicing the XML tags in the respective element of my data type.

I don’t know which is better?

I hope have been clear

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Quintino