cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

built-in DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all guru

I have some questions confused me. Is dms built-in in the ecc 6.0 ? If I don't buy cfolder or others ,

could I store my document ,such as PR attachment , into the sap server filesystem , not windows mount driver? By windows driver , each user has to setup the environment and there are some permission issues. Is those correct ?

I don't believe sap 's built-in document solution is like that ,but my basis consultant told me that the fact is. If I want to put those document into sap filesystem or another storage system which no one could access directly , is it possible ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, DMS is a part of ECC 6.0 as other modules like MM,SD etc..

there is no need of storing attachments in windows drive..specially for DMS, content server is recommended because of its more handling of documents.

for storage, separate content server can be configured where you can store all the documents (attachments).

content server authorizations will be as per the roles and access provided for storing documents, all the users wont be having any access except provided authorizations are given.

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Answers (0)