cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to implement ESS/MSS BP and customize them according to our requirements. Is it must to have the NWDI architechure for customizing the ESS/MSS BP ?

Can anyone help me ?

Regards,

Jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This will depend on the version you are using and what you are trying to do.

If you use Netweaver2004 with the related ESS/MSS versions that you will need NWDI to make changes to UI and business logic of apps - not all apps though as certain MSS apps can be configured in backend e.g. Team Viewer

If your version is Netweaver2004s then you can achive many UI changes with FPM configuration steps and do not need NWDI. If you need to add/change business logic within ESS/MSS apps then you most likely will need NWDI.

Maybe you can give us some examples on what you need to do and what version you are using to get a better answer.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald Reiter,

We are using NW 7.0 (2004s) and SP13 in my organization.we would like to use ESS/MSS and customize them as per my organization requirements.

Regards,

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the additional info!

You can do quite a lot without modifications in this release but I do not know your requirements to say weather you will need NWDI or not.

If you need to change field labels, re-arrange fields, change UI be adding/removing fields, link names, etc... then you can do this without modification as this is supported by FPM.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald Reiter,

Thanks for quick response.

What my intension is to get those ESS/MSS packages into NWDS and modify them and redeply the changed packages to make them available. Once it is done in Development, need to transport into production system.

For that is it mandatory to have the NWDI or not I wanted to know.

Thanks

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - you will need NWDI that needs to be connected to SLD and configured correctly to setup the transport routes.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

To make and transport webdynpro java changes to QA and then PRO you definitely need NWDI....else you cannot get to the Source code of ESS/MSS....

Regards,

Shikhil