cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Configure MI Server 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MI AWT client(7.0) and need to configure with MI server.

Please suggest me with the best possible way

Thank you

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

That link was helpful to an extent.

Actually i am new to SAP, can u list down the activites required on the

MIServer, SAP/3 and AWT Client(windows).

so that it will be easy for me to get it done from BASIS guy.

currently i need to run the AWT client from my windows PC.

Thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

You dont have to do anything special /different from configuring the MI CLient for JSP. Once the Middleware/NetWeaver 7.0 App Server is configured for usage type MI, it is ready to be used by an AWT/JSP runtime at the front end. I assume from your previous post that you have a server configured for MI and have a JSP client at the front end (which might be having some issues with running currently - will check your other post andtry to help you at the earliest).

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you veera......

Currently i am getting the following Exception when i run AWT Client

User not authorized ("S_ME_SYNC" missing)

I added the required authorization to the User in the backed........

Thanks,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

This role must be added in the MI Server (or in otherwords the middleware NetWeaver Server)

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u tell the link(steps) where i need to add the User authorizations in the MI server

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Following are in brief the roles required, just forward the same to your BASIS administrator.

In the ABAP Stack -Under Transaction SU01:

End User:

SAP_MI_SERVICE

Administrator / Critical Developers:

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

SAP_MI_ADMIN

In the J2EE Stack - Under Identity Management:

End User:

No role required. You can give a role for display: SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_READONLY

Administrator / Critical Developers:

SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_SUPER

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veera that input was very helpful.

In the MI server i getting the message "JAVA Stack and ABAP Stack not in Sync."

can u help me how to take it forward.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

There are some links in the Mobile Administrator in NWA, which when clicked / when a search is initiated in them ask you to reload Java to get it in Sync with ABAP. You can do the same. The other way is to restart the Java stack from smicm.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually in the ABAP Stack the follwing things were done

1. create synchronization service and added the service users

2. Configuration of smart synchronization service

3. Creation of messages

4. Creation of RFC Destination(How to map it)

Is there anything more has to be done.

Currently in ABAP Stack we do not have any standard SyncBO's available,

how can i get from elsewhere

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

That is most of it. What about background jobs?

Check the Mobilizing Business Process, rather ask your BASIS person to check the link and its subsets, thoroughly, for not missing out on anything.

I also give below a link for SAP MI help, for Technical Overview, Administrator's quick help, Developers quick help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/a7/893a5889e08b41b615688b1a93b559/frameset.htm

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Our current setup is with MI 7.0, can i develop the application using the webdynpro 7.0 plugin(Mobile Infrastructure) without using the MI server, and deploy developed application over the mobile device directly.

if so, please let me know how the application can be deployed directly over the mobile.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

The following are with respect to MI 2.5 and 7.0:

All MI offline Applications which use the smart sync / generic sync framework have to be deployed to the device from the Mobile Server only.

Mobile WebDynpro always connected applications also need to be deployed to the server only. These apps need not be deployed from the server to the device separately as they are like any other web application and can be accessed from the device when there is a LAN(for local servers)/ Internet connection(for Demilitarized zone servers) .

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thank you for your excellent support..

I feel my j2ee is still pointing to the 001 client(master cllient).I changed the ume.masterclient property in the ume service of the configtool to 100 my current client.But when i am synchronizing it is checking for the authorizations of the user in 001 client only .

If i give full authorization SAP_ALL to the user in 100 client still it is giving the error User not authorized ("S_ME_SYNC" missing) while synchronizing

But if i give full authorization for the user in 001 client I am not getting any authorization error.

Any settings to be done for pointing my j2ee to client 100(my working client of MI ABAP).

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

You have to edit the JCo RFC Provider service to point to the new client. It can be done using the Visual Administrator. In J2EE Visual Administrator, once logged in as j2ee_admin, expand Cluster(edit->) Server->Services tree and go to the service jco rfc provider. Edit the service(s) on your right hand side to reflect the new client and new sync user. Get in touch with your Basis team for more help if required for quicker resolution.

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 13, 2009 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

In the Visual Adminstrator--->Server>services--->JCO RFC Provider it is already pointing to 100 client.

Can u list down the configuration activities required to point to the required client.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

First of all since this is a new client you want configured for client 100. Execurte the post install configuration template. For this log in as j2ee_admin in NWA. Click on "Deploy and Change". Now under all configuration tasks, run the configuration template MI_00_This wizard will execute Postinstall steps of technical configuration for the NetWeaver Mobile Infrastructures by entering the new client settings that are asked during the task execution.

This should take care of the configuration. Once done, please check whether your mobile components are working properly. This you can test by assigning an already existing component to a device/client(preferably new one).

Also make sure that the JCo RFC destinations in your server's WebDynpro Content Administrator (http://<server>:<port>/ ->Web Dynpro -> Content Administrator -> Maintain JCo Destinations), ME_MONITORS_METADATA_DEST, ME_MONITORS_MODELDATA_DEST point to the new client by testing it. After testing, you can also just go into the edit mode and proceed to the last prompt to ensure that it is pointing to new client 100.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi veera,

I am exporting an MI project into the server.According to a document I got it should open the mi concole once i click on export .But for me it is giving the error

404 Not Found

The requested resource does not exist.

It is tring to oepn this url http://10.201.52.93:8000/me and giving the above error.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

This should actually be your

http://<mi server hostname>:<http sync port>/me/WebConsole

But be informed that when configured using new technology (ABAP Sync / when configured through NWA template), the Web Console is not configured. You are expected to use NetWeaver Mobile Administrator which is part of NWA (SAP advices the same).

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Please let us know how to configure the webconsole.

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Administration using Web Console is outdated, restricted and not adviced by SAP. Please ignore the error. You should use Mobile Archive converter (part of NWA) to covert the .war files to .sda and then deployed to the j2ee engine.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Veera,

Thanks for the point.

when i am tring to open Mobille Archive converter i am getting the message displayed as

"Could not connect to middleware"

please let me know the necessary confirgurations required

Thanks,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edit:

You are using the Mobile Administrator with a user who has Mobile Admin right? like for example the MI Super Admin role (edit-> SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_SUPER) in Identity Management/ UME? If you are using an admin user, then you might want to do the following.

Dear Raghu,

I had faced the same problem a year and a half back, one of our dev server ABAP clients crashed and I had to create a new client. I am trying to to remember all things I did at that time. I think SAPJRA was one of the key components. So please re deploy sapjra.rar with the new client settings. Also if not already done, copy the JRAFactory service for your language (For example -English).

You can refer to this link if you are having any queries on both the steps involved:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/1d7d843fce3566e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 16, 2009 7:49 AM

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 16, 2009 8:02 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow thw link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ec/9e1802dd600947abafd2248518697f/frameset.htm

Regartds,

Sri.

Edited by: Srikanth Thatipally on Jan 12, 2009 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Configuration Steps for Developing MI Application on NetWeaver MI 7.0 SP 15 and MI Client 7.0 SP15

Server Side Configuration

Step 1. Install MI Server 7.0 SP 15 with ABAP Stack (SP 15) and Java Stack (SP 15).

Note : Check the necessary configuration settings as per the Master guide

a. Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1

b. Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2

Client Configuration (Desktop/Laptop)

Step 1. Add Host file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

Example : 10.6.100.53 yhsapr04.yashsap.com

Step 2.Install JDK

Step 3.Install tomcat

Step 4. Install NWDS 7.0.15

Step 5. Install MAXDB

Step 6. Install MI Client 7.0 SP 15

Regards

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 12, 2009 9:40 AM

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 12, 2009 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Here is the link which will help you to configure MI7.0

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ec/9e1802dd600947abafd2248518697f/frameset.htm

In left side of panel if you expand Administration of SAP Netweaver Systems you will find MI.

All the best!

Regards,

Varun.