cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

While ordering PO, if any error occurs, we donot get the error that time as system allows us to order the PO successfully and afterwhich if we check the status of the same PO which shows error in po by trowing errors like " GL Account doesnt exists " ( etc...kind of )...but is it possible to block the user the if any error exists in PO there itself before ordering by throwing error ? If so, suggestions please.

Regards, Sunayana N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunayana,

Even if you are checking the 'check button' still user is not able to view error messages. You should get error messages..i think may be some RFC problems where FI validations will occurs always with Backend....

Thnaks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

You mean, we cannot display the backend error messages in SRM direclty, right ?

But atleast, the system should not allow user to order the PO if any error data exists in PO as some message should be displayed in SRM while he clicks on 'CHECK' buttion like

' This PO contains errors' a kind of message..Hope you got me. Is it possibel ? If so, how ?

Regards, Sunayana

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sunyana,

I am saying you should get error messages which are related to account assignments when you are creating PO. I am thinking when you click on check, system will check woth backend. In this case if your RFC is not working properly during that point of time, system may not check . Please check when you are creating a shopping cart if you enter worng G/L or cost centre then system is allowing you?

By the way whih scenario r u working?

Thnaks

Ravi