Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connection

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a pop up error message when i entered in a system on OS level.The message was" The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connection" . why this message came ?any helpful hint so that i am able to enter the system .I got this message from the last 5 days continuously, whenever i tried to enter this perticuler system.

Actually i want to know that how many free space are left on the system & how many pertition in that perticuler system.Is there any further way to know how many pertition in a system & how many free space available on that system?

regards,

Neo Janes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens when you specify a number of user (say 10) can log on to server and in place of log off 10 users have hit the cross button. This will keep their session alive on that server (like when you do cntrlaltdel will give you an option to lock the system)

You need to use one of that id to logback in again, otherwise ask the administrator to release the session for you. This is a common problem. Administator can increase the limit of user session also.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After all i am able to enter that system.What i did

start->Run->mstsc/admin->Now the remote desktop sceen comes out where i put my server ip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Next time just call a Terminal Server Manager session and kill at least one session.

Regards

Juan

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please tell me the procedure so that only one session will be kill.Because i got the same problem again and this time i don't want to kill all the session as suggested by you.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using this mstsc -v:servername /F -console. Hope it will works. After log in to the server you can who are login other sessions.

Mahesh C